Did you mean: 

So are we locked into our plans?

planeshift
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan isn't offered right now I've noticed, an I going to roll back 

12 REPLIES 12

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@planeshift, as @popping mentioned as long as you're on your current plan and don't change it, then that will be your plan for a very long time.  Good thing I like about PM is you can switch between current/active advertised plans as much as you want, whether the price is higher or lower, without paying any type of switching penalty.  Although it can be done, I don't recommend switching regularly, because trying to figure out the payments and cycles, can sometimes screw things up and then you're trying to get a hold of MODS and all that can sometimes be a headache.  So I say unless there's a plan that comes out that is just super amazing, then sure, but if the plan you currently have works perfectly for you, then don't change it.  

ute1978

@srlawren wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

You can always add funds to your account during the 90 day cycle. For example you can add funds every 30 days so it doesn't hurt when the renewal date arrives...

@ute1978 yes....but with a big asterisk.  You certainly can do this, but remember that any available funds balance is lost if you decide to port your number to another provider.

Of course, if you are looking for promos to come your way you should obviously not add funds into your account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ute1978 wrote:

You can always add funds to your account during the 90 day cycle. For example you can add funds every 30 days so it doesn't hurt when the renewal date arrives...

@ute1978 yes....but with a big asterisk.  You certainly can do this, but remember that any available funds balance is lost if you decide to port your number to another provider.  So in addition to potentially losing more pre-paid cycle days (given the 3x longer cycle), you could also potentially lose funds you pre-loaded into your account.  Let's set you're 63 days into your 90 day cycle, have topped up $40 at the 30 day mark and $40 at the 60 day mark, and then on day 63 you get offered some amazing new Koodo migration offer that you can't resist but now you've got $80 loaded in your PM account that you would lose if you migrate.  Similarly if say Rogers starts another one of those $60/10GB few-days-long promo price war thingies and you really really want to get onto it but now you're again stuck losing $80 plus your remaining 27 days of service. 

So, while you can pre-top up to manage the funds, I'm not sure it's a great idea these days.  

Here's a couple of alternatives you could consider:

1) Instead, open up a second account (like a savings account) with your bank/credit union and transfer the $40 every 30 days into that account instead.  Buy your vouchers from this account or use this account to make payments on your credit card right after your PM 90 day payment is processed on your card. 

You won't make much interest (if any) on such small amounts of funds, but (A) it gets you used to saving and (B) you can use that money more flexibly than if it's stuck in your PM self-serve account where it can only be used for PM services. 

OR

2) Every 30 days, make a manual bill payment on your credit card for the $40, and continue to pay for your 90 days via autopay payments on your credit card.  This is really just a variation of 1).  If you routinely carry a credit card balance, option 2 is probably a good idea.  If you always manage to pay off your cc every month, option 1 is probably better.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, still debating.  Really can’t decide.  The promo is sweet, and gives me more than I need, but the 90 day is a tougher payment, ve 30 day.

$120 or less per 90-day cycle, Province Wide calling, international SMS and MMS, and 12 GB LTE data.  I’m golden right now, ................

i should just stop looking for a deal that is never going to come my way.

Same here. Happy to be on the $120/90 promo. Together with the autopay and loyalty rewards.... No other carrier can beat this deal. Let's keep fingers crossed for this plan to stay for a long time.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, you're mistaken about losing the 60 days of rewards.  The AutoPay and Loyalty are based on the cycle you're going in to.  Recall when you signed up, the AutoPay was not rewarded on first payment but was doubled on the first renewal.  Going forward, AutoPay is $1/30 ($3/90) for the upcoming cycle, it ie the one you're paying for.

I've not got enough activity on my friend rewards as I only have 1, and when he signed up I didn't really notice when it applied nor for which cycle.  Community rewards are based on the "month" previous, and apply to the next renewal, regardless of cycle length.

Somehow it was explained to me that there would be a reduction to fit the cycle.  In any event, there is nothing broken as far as I can tell and so no fix is needed.  I look forward to maxing out the loyalty reward, provided Public Mobile is willing to play ball of course.  I like everyone else is at the mercy of the ToS.

@will13am, you're mistaken about losing the 60 days of rewards.  The AutoPay and Loyalty are based on the cycle you're going in to.  Recall when you signed up, the AutoPay was not rewarded on first payment but was doubled on the first renewal.  Going forward, AutoPay is $1/30 ($3/90) for the upcoming cycle, it ie the one you're paying for.

I've not got enough activity on my friend rewards as I only have 1, and when he signed up I didn't really notice when it applied nor for which cycle.  Community rewards are based on the "month" previous, and apply to the next renewal, regardless of cycle length.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, still debating.  Really can’t decide.  The promo is sweet, and gives me more than I need, but the 90 day is a tougher payment, ve 30 day.

i will not drop data quantity, as I sometimes use 4GB in a 30 day window, rare for me but it has happened.  I do not get Full LTE speeds, but what if I move or change workplace?

i know 3G speeds on LTE are more than enough, but why pay more or slightly more for even more which I will not use.

$120 or less per 90-day cycle, Province Wide calling, international SMS and MMS, and 12 GB LTE data.  I’m golden right now, an If I travel the country, my number is associated to my hangouts account, so long distance back to home is free anyway.

Sounds like you have a plan.  I thought about it for a tiny bit but when I was told that if I switch to a 30 day plan, I would lose 60 days worth of hard earned rewards, that clinched it.  I have not thought about any plan changes again.  Any future changes will have to be by force and we all know what happened the last time. 

i will not drop data quantity, as I sometimes use 4GB in a 30 day window, rare for me but it has happened.  I do not get Full LTE speeds, but what if I move or change workplace?

i know 3G speeds on LTE are more than enough, but why pay more or slightly more for even more which I will not use.

$120 or less per 90-day cycle, Province Wide calling, international SMS and MMS, and 12 GB LTE data.  I’m golden right now, an If I travel the country, my number is associated to my hangouts account, so long distance back to home is free anyway.

@stonechucker wrote:

Public Mobile still retains their rights to change a plan, with sufficient notices, as covered by the terms of service.

Im still on the Fall 2016 Promo that was to increase back in early 2018 by $30 over 90 days, but a huge backlash forced that plan to stop.

Things may be different in the future.

@stonechucker, you were on the fence with switching to a 30 day plan.  I guess you got cold feet at the last moment? 

Public Mobile still retains their rights to change a plan, with sufficient notices, as covered by the terms of service.

Im still on the Fall 2016 Promo that was to increase back in early 2018 by $30 over 90 days, but a huge backlash forced that plan to stop.

Things may be different in the future.

@popping wrote:

@planeshift wrote:

As long as you do not change your plan, you can continue to renew and enjoy your current plan.

Your plan is all yours until you decide to change it . If you change it and your current plan is no longer offered it will not be available to you if you wanted to change back

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@planeshift wrote:

As long as you do not change your plan, you can continue to renew and enjoy your current plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.