cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow LTE speeds

redonkeechong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan has the 6GB LTE option but only getting ~ 3Mbps on speedtests. I popped in another Public Mobile sim in my phone immediately got 90Mbps.

I switched my phone to only use 3G and now I get 20Mbps.But I'm paying for LTE.

Anyone experience this? Does Public Mobile throttle speeds?

12 REPLIES 12

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How much are you paying for 6GB LTE? At current pricing it's about $60-$62

As mentioned if u moved from a 3G plan contact the mods maybe your account still has the throttle on it.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@redonkeechong, you have been asked a couple times if you’ve switch from a 3G throttle LTE plan, to a full speed LTE plan.  If yes, it will take about 48 hours to ramp the speed back up.

Did you previously have the throttled plan?

You certainly have all the infor you need for a moderator to support your concern. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond. Test every so often and if it doesn't change, ask for the difference in the LTE plan. May only be a buck or two, but it's the principle.

redonkeechong

Yeah thanks, figured I would ask here since I contacted the Mod Team and didn't get a response.

@redonkeechong wrote:

My data plan is the 6GB 4G LTE / 30 days.

@redonkeechong  When did you switch plans? Was it recently? If it's less than 48 hours then you will have to wait for 48 hours to the speed change to take effect.

@redonkeechongPublic does throttle speeds.. if you think you should be getting LTE full speed then contact the Moderators is the only solutions we are all just normal users @ PM and don't have access to their backend.

redonkeechong

Yes literally swapped the sim cards out one after the other.

@redonkeechong wrote:

Throttling is not your issue, I don't think. Did you run both tests in the same basic location? Some areas, I understand do not have great LTE service. If it continues, I'd email a moderator, but someone with more knowledge may have some more ideas. Message a Moderator

redonkeechong

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@redonkeechong wrote:

Anyone experience this? Does Public Mobile throttle speeds?

PM does throttle speeds but only to the 3G accounts. Lte is not throttled to my knowledge. The plan is attached to the SIM of course. Any chance that sim is on a 3G plan?

Also, if you've just switched to an LTE plan, it takes 48 hours to change I have read.

redonkeechong

I don't understand how that would change anything. I put another sim card in there and achieve LTE speeds. It has something to do with my plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  If that doesn't increase your speeds then try a factory reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.