cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since I made payment , cannot make calls or text

brakika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

To be honest I enjoy the low fees but everytime I need to use this website I encounter website problems.. plans pages won't load for hours and when it does it won't load... payment not recognized..voucher not working...the list goes on

Anyways

Now, using the report stolen trick I got public mobile to recognize my voucher and re-activate my plan. However, it's been almost 24 hours and I cannot make calls or textos. I have the same plan as before, I had it suspended for 1 day cause I couldnt make it to the store in the snowstorm. 

That said, now, on  'my account' everything looks fine but I cannot make calls
it says
Sorry, we are unable to make long distance calls on your account'
yes I make very local-province phone calls.. even textos won't work.

Im paying for something Im not receiving and Ive lost 1-2 hours just trying to get it fixed...very annoying. 

Thank you for any help as Im stuck without able to getting reached with important phone calls and textos..and paid for it. Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@moushy09 wrote:

how did you use the "stolen" trick??

When nobody is looking, take the last slice, then....

The lost/stolen trick:
Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab.
Click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab.
Click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your account and wait several minutes.
Log back into your account and report that your phone has been found.

moushy09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how did you use the "stolen" trick??

@brakika Don't be stranded again; develop a backup plan. 

Try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brakika wrote:

No choice but to wait, thanks for the tip. No funds in paypal atm, havnt used in awhile

You can also get vouchers just about anywhere that sells gift cards and such. After the Homer stare, get them to look in their little terminal pinpad thing and oh look Public Mobile. Unfortunately the denominations are probably into the teens $ to start.

brakika

No choice but to wait, thanks for the tip. No funds in paypal atm, havnt used in awhile

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brakika  if you have paypal you could try buying a $5 voucher from recharge.com.  not sure if vouchers are the same as the $1 trick.  I am not sure of current mod reply times.  so it might be worth a try.  I did have a reply in less than 24 hours yesterday so if you can wait...

brakika

Thank you

@brakika

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Did you private message a moderator already? 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

brakika

Well I do not have access to a credit card this evening so Im stuck with my service not working and waiting for important communications.

A help from MOD would be great

Reset, did a turn off for 5 minutes, then turn on, multiple stolen found trick.

It is active, with my next payment due on december 15. 
With enough funds.

Tried calling different regional codes, then toll-free numbers and I still get the same message.

'Sorry, you call cannot be made because your plan does not cover this area and long distance calls' 

Thanks for calling a Mod here if possible.. this is very annoying since I have important stuff to take care through communications on the road. Thank you 

mimmo

The 1$ tricked worked for me the other day. Don't forget to power cycle phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brakika wrote:

Well I usually buy up to 3 months of vouchers at a time and it was the end of this one.

Had something like 23$ in my account, so missing 2 $

Got a 28$ voucher (on a budget as Im building my wood workshop, pay by pay.
Voucher got eventually accepted, payment was made, now left with 26$ in my balance. 

Yeah. That sounds about what I thought has happened. Yeah try the $1 trick and see if it gets it going. Then you'll have $2 after your next renewal 🙂

brakika

Well I usually buy up to 3 months of vouchers at a time and it was the end of this one.

Had something like 23$ in my account, so missing 2 $

Got a 28$ voucher (on a budget as Im building my wood workshop, pay by pay.
Voucher got eventually accepted, payment was made, now left with 26$ in my balance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brakika wrote:

I guess I can try but the payment got acception, there is enough funds for another month now and yeah, I can afford I just don't have a credit card which is the main reason I went with PM.
I'll borrow a credit card from a friend for 1 $ I guess

Like I said, they're just workaround tricks to avoid waiting for the mods to get back you.

You could do it with a voucher as well. I know it's all wierd but these tricks have been known to work a lot of the time.

Why do you now have excess balance? What is the chronology of transactions you did?

brakika

I guess I can try but the payment got acception, there is enough funds for another month now and yeah, I can afford I just don't have a credit card which is the main reason I went with PM.
I'll borrow a credit card from a friend for 1 $ I guess

Anonymous
Not applicable

I edited my post. I agree with the previous suggestion of the additional $1 trick. It's just a dollar. (if you can afford that of course...no judging)

brakika

Ive done the stolen found trick a few times now.

It seems about almost everything is fine.

It just states that my plan does not cover the area I am in, which makes no sense, I tried different regional codes and it keeps telling me I have no coverage with the plan I have. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brakika:

Do the lost/stolen again now that everything appears to be fine. (if I understand the chronology right)

See what happens.

These are workaround tricks that help to get the service back sooner in a self-serve manner rather than waiting for the mods to get back to you.

The $1 trick is another of those workarounds.

brakika

Status is active, tried the stolen found method, doesn'T work.

I didn't have enough funds and got suspended for 1 day, got a voucher, took awhile to get it recognized, then I saw the funds and made the payment, it took the money off my balance.

The phone looks activated, detects the network but it says my plan doesnt cover long distance and where I am.

I checked my personal info and I have the same information and reside in the same province (I have the 25$ international txt and province (QC) unlimited talk. 

I reset the phone (basic turn off and then on ) 

I do not see how adding more funds would solve anything. 

This is really annoying as I have important communications to make and been out of touch for 2 days... 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brakika wrote:

I have the same plan as before, I had it suspended for 1 day cause I couldnt make it to the store in the snowstorm.

A few tips have been given. Just another tip from me, try to upload funds a few days before the plan payment is due. Don't wait until the last day. This way you don't risk going into suspension.

And for bad snowstorms and blizzards there is the comfort of staying home and ordering a voucher from recharge.com.

popping

@brakika

Your account was not provisioned correctly.last time you did the stolen/loct phone trick.  If you account status is active, do the stolen/loct phone trick again to run the provisioning software again as suggested by @Dunkman.  Good luck.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brakika

Is your account status active?  or suspended? 

You could try the lost/stolen trick again.  Re-boot phone.  

Or you could also try manually loading $1 into your balance.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Need Help? Let's chat.