cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing out of all public mobile marketing SMS

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

Is there a method to sign out of all public mobile promotional and marketing sms? I had been getting some sms about koodo promotions and was wondering whether there's a method to sign out. I would still like to be notified about the plan details such as if I miss a payment or something but just wanna sign out of promotions. 🙂

Thank you 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

@Cheetah24 wrote:

@will13am: Yeah you are right. I decided against it. Ideally what I want is to sign out of some messages not all of them. My previous plan (before public mobile) had that option where you can still get notifications about the plan such as price changes and stuff but can sign out of marketing messages. But that's okay, I can live with the marketing 🙂 

In this era where there is so much advertising, we need to learn to thicken our skin to this kind of stuff.  I am pretty good at ignoring stuff I am not interested in.  I attribute it to intense continuous training.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am: Yeah you are right. I decided against it. Ideally what I want is to sign out of some messages not all of them. My previous plan (before public mobile) had that option where you can still get notifications about the plan such as price changes and stuff but can sign out of marketing messages. But that's okay, I can live with the marketing 🙂 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24, be careful what you ask for.  While they may be annoying, they are not that frequent.  The promotions are generally good.  The benefits far outweigh the annoyance.

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Finally how it cost you a text message (if your on the plan that has limited text messages) to text your provider to stop texting you...

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cheetah24 Well, it has been asked before: it is either everything or nothing! Woman Wink

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I did a search and found this post by @will13am

@will13am wrote:

To opt out of the SMS from Public Mobile text unsubscribe to 5133.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Opt-out-of-non-essential-text-messages-fr...

Need Help? Let's chat.