cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed in 1 day before free gig for ever, can I get that still?

xausted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys and gals,

I am happy to be here, thanks for reading.  I have a bit of a story.

I went into Walmart on Dec 3rd to port two lines over to public mobile.  I was advised that due to the fact that I was on Telus, that there is a known problem of people loosing their phone number.  They recommended that I port to Lucky Mobile for a month because it was the exact same plan, then come over to Public Mobile after that so I do not risk loosing my number.  I missed out on two months free and 10$ off a month for 6 months.  I ported to Lucky, then on the next day Dec 4, I found out they did not have group text messaging I went back to Walmart because the plan was not the same as they had stated, they ported both lines over to Public and gave me a 40 credit per line.  Now that is not as good a two months free and 10$ off per line for 6 months, but for me it was the cost of doing business and not loosing my line so I sucked it up.  Then yesterday, a new deal that you get 1 extra gig for ever if you sign up.  I basically signed up in the 1 day they did not have a promotion and I sort of feel screwed here.  I had also moved my sons phone to the same $40 plan that same day.  Is there anything a moderator can do to get me this promotion?

Thanks for listening!

-Xausted

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@xausted, you can try and ask but from what I have seen, sales conditions are sales conditions.  There is little give in that otherwise, everyone would have to be given the same goodwill and there would be no point in having sale conditions.  On the topic of porting and possibly losing the phone number, the Walmart guy probably lied to maximize his commission.  It is patently false that number porting from Telus causes increased risk of losing the phone number.  In fact, I would say that number porting from within the Telus brands is the most trouble free and fastest. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@xausted  Unfortunately that offer is for new customers only so you would have to port out and back in again.

You can always ask a moderator and see if anything can be done. Ask nicely.

stpm-new.png

Need Help? Let's chat.