cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

VB1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How is network signal in elevator, basement and subway?

6 REPLIES 6

for TTC.. as far as I know. .only one company won the contract for 20 years and Freedom is the only license carrier for the company.. And, of course I meant the underground portion of TTC.. and of course, I don't meant  stations who can get some weak signal from nearby PATH or buildings basement.   🙂

@softech wrote:

@VB1 not Toronto Subway for sure... currently only Freedom has signal within TTC subway 

This really depends on the particular station and location.  There are outdoor locations that do have signal.  There are also some underground indoor signals that will sometimes have sporadic signal, although I'll agree that it can't be relied on

@VB1 

As for elevators and basements, there really isn't any way to accurately answer this question without knowing more specifics. At any particular place, you could have signal or you might not.  There are many factors including the building's material, the location, and the proximity of the nearest tower.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VB1  every elevator and every basement is different. So many variables.

Who are you currently with? Where are you located? (Assuming Toronto because you didn't say metro nor SkyTrain) Your own experience will be the best answer as there are only two main networks bell/ Telus and Rogers.

VB1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Elevator and basement?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Same as Telus bell Koodo and virgin and lucky.  So if you are on one of those providers you will see no difference.

To answer your question depends on the elevator subway and sometimes your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VB1 not Toronto Subway for sure... currently only Freedom has signal within TTC subway 

Need Help? Let's chat.