cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign into network

sparky2015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

keep getting a message on my phone telling me to sign into network and just started to get this message  as soon as I turned off the location gps and the reason I turned it off as the gps it was making my phone get hot and was draining the battery really fast.

40 REPLIES 40

@Simikarostron20 wrote:
I can't access my network and I don't know how to sign into network.

Can you provide more details so we can help you?

Did you just join?

When you say can't sign in are your trying to sign into your self serve account? Do you get an error message or anything?

Or are you saying your phone won't connect to network? What kind of phone do your have?

The more details and explanation you provide the more we can understand the issue.

Simikarostron20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't access my network and I don't know how to sign into network. I need a little help 

Outinspace11

IT WORKED!!! PHONE IS WORKING AGAIN THANK YOU !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Outinspace11 wrote:

I've been a customer for almost about half a year now and the last time I added funds to my account everything worked out perfectly, except this time I didnt add enough and had to change my plan to a little bit cheaper one and my phone never hasnt worked, data is turned on and I never changed any settings so I dont know why it would be any different

Ok. That's what made me think to throw in the last bit of my reply.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Outinspace11

I've been a customer for almost about half a year now and the last time I added funds to my account everything worked out perfectly, except this time I didnt add enough and had to change my plan to a little bit cheaper one and my phone never hasnt worked, data is turned on and I never changed any settings so I dont know why it would be any different

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Outinspace11 wrote:

I'm having this same issue with my galaxy s8 and I'm supposed to have 5 gigs of data and I just paid 40$ 2 days ago and it didnt even turn my data on for a second, so I've spent 40$ and not even been able to use my data at all, if I use my phone it has to be on wifi

Data mode on?

APN settings?

Officially Recognized APN Reference

Or what might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Outinspace11  first does the data addon show in self serve?

Are you a new or old customer? If New did you set up your apn correctly?

Is Data turned on? 

Outinspace11

I'm having this same issue with my galaxy s8 and I'm supposed to have 5 gigs of data and I just paid 40$ 2 days ago and it didnt even turn my data on for a second, so I've spent 40$ and not even been able to use my data at all, if I use my phone it has to be on wifi

LOL...

I tried inserting an image, but that functionality seems to be broken on this forum Smiley Frustrated

So here's the link instead: https://i0.wp.com/media.tumblr.com/8c916157c252b080f3da41c361d19890/tumblr_inline_mkwvyxkXYj1qz4rgp....

srlawren

Check your mailbox every 30 minutes until it arrives!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Oh I'll totally settle for that - kind-natured as I am Smiley Wink

srlawren

Or a Roam Mobility SIM?  hahaha.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No worries, @srlawren - but you do owe me a beer now Smiley Wink

srlawren

@sparky2015 wrote:

Yes correct it was the app that was using up my data and nothing to do with with my data limit that I had set on my phone.

And I was so sure...  oh well, I've been wrong before, and I'll probably be wrong again.....  🙂

sparky2015

Yes correct it was the app that was using up my data and nothing to do with with my data limit that I had set on my phone.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sparky2015 wrote:

What I found out was that I had a app called exchange services that was using up all my data as it was running in the background. So what I did was to disable bachground data on cellular networks so it isn't using my data up.

Glad to hear this was resolved!

I had a similar issue when I was with my previous wireless provider. When setting up MS Exchange on Android (at least previously) the default was to sync EVERYTHING, and it would do so even when "sync" is turned off on the Android system - I went through 300mb in a couple of hours without knowing it and ended up getting extra charges on my bill.

At least with PM, no extra charges - but of course no data  Smiley Frustrated

srlawren

@sparky2015 thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted out!

@sparky2015 Just to clarify, you're saying your entire PM data bucket was used up. So this had nothing to do with the data limit you set on your Android phone itself?

sparky2015

What I found out was that I had a app called exchange services that was using up all my data as it was running in the background. So what I did was to disable bachground data on cellular networks so it isn't using my data up.

srlawren

Hey @sparky2015, has this been resolved yet?  Would love to know what the resolution was! 

srlawren
I hate to disagree with @7789849803, but I'm betting on the data limit setting on your phone. 🙂 keep us posted?

@sparky2015 From your description, this sounds like an account provisioning issue with PM (phone data limit would not lead to a sign in page). Please get in touch with PM support right way. Since you're a pioneer customer, you can simply dial 611 to reach PM support. You may have to be persistent with the rep to let them know all the steps of troubleshooting you've been taken through on this community.

Let us know what you find. All the best!

srlawren
Oh okay I think I know what it is. Go to your phone settings (swipe down your notification panel, then swipe down again and click on the gear icon near the top) and go into Data Usage. Is the "set cellular data limit" turned on and set for about 750mb? If so, try turning off the set cellular data limit switch. There's actually no need to turn this on the PM as they will just cut you off when you run out of data (vs post paid providers that start billing you overages.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @sparky2015,

I have 3 Moto G units, but never encountered anything comparable to your problem.

As part of the process of elimination, would you please turn your phone off, remove the SIM card, examine it for unusual wear and tear, wait 5 minutes, and then reinsert it before rebooting.

Plus, is the 0.78 GB usage of data according to your phone, or self-serve site? If not the latter, please check your account or call *611 to learn what you have.

Thanks.

sparky2015

Have 1G of data and have used 0.78G so far

sparky2015

Moto g

@sparky2015 Please confirm how much data you have as part of your plan, and how much of it is remaining in the current plan cycle.

srlawren

Yeah if this is a phone and SIM that were previously working fine then it's possible that your data allotment has been used up...  Or, if you don't reboot your phone regularly, I'd definitely suggest that as something to try. It only takes a few minutes and can often resolve "weird" phone behaviour.

PS. what make and model of phone is that?  It's obviously and Android running Lollipop or Marshmallow, but knowing a bit more info might help.

Could be related to APN setting or your plan does not have any data left? 

sparky2015

unable to surf the web unless I'm connected to wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.