cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing only 1.5 GB ($35 Plan with AutoPay)

Fastforce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Under My Account, I see it showing 1.5 GB of data but I should be getting 2 GB as I have AutoPay setup.

Is it 2 GB and the system only shows 1.5 GB?

Regards,

26 REPLIES 26

@Alan_K 

Thank you for the clarification as I suspected there was only one $35 plan option available for the salesperson to choose.

@Fastforce 

If the moderators are unable to switch you mid plan and as @computergeek541 suggested you just schedule a plan change on your next renewal you may be able to suggest to the moderator that once you use about 500mb of data that they reset your plan data back to 1.5gb for this cycle. Thus giving you the missing 500mb of bonus data. You may have to monitor your usage and when you get to 450mb used message them to reset. Just an idea as a work around......

@Fastforce 

Unless there's another promotion that you were able to take advantage of that could possibly fall of your account resulting from a plan change, it may be easier to set your account up for a future-dated plan change  than to try to convince the moderators to include the bonus for the first 30 days.

Fastforce

Hello @Alan_K 

Do I need to do anything to have my newly account migrated like the others to the 2GB version of the plan?

I've sent a message to the mods, and I'm sure they have plenty of other messages they need to get through first.

Thanks for the clarification, Alan_K.  @Jb456, I stand corrrected. 

I do understand the part about not wanting to try to make automatically make changes to customers' accounts. I do, however, feel that this situation with this member was avoidable. While I can see there being online-only promotions, when the offer is available to all existing customers, I believe that making the plan available at the retail-level may have been a simpler.

As to this being an online-only offer, I also don't believe that the bonus should be listed on the main plan page, requiring the customer to click on offer details to reveal this fact. On the homepage,  online activation is mentioned, but on the plan page, this information by default, is hidden.

While the online activation part is mentioned in Offer Details affer opening this specific plan's Plan Details, this information is missig from the terms and conditions on the page summarizing all plans.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Even when you go to PublicMobile.ca it says active online..

Screenshot_20200703_092818_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!

@computergeek541 We launched this offer as an online activation only offer for new customers, which is what was reflected on our website. At retail locations, this offer is not currently available.

Later, this plan became available on Self-Serve, which then allowed existing customers to take the offer. This would allow customers on the less rich version of this plan to take advantage of the extra data, if they wish to do so.

We've done automatic migrations in the past, but these can be tricky to execute as customer cycles can be tricky to predict (some fall into suspend, port out, etc.) and it could mean that we end up pursuing some customers for months trying to "upgrade" their plan.

Hope that makes sense,

Alan

Even when you go to PublicMobile.ca it says active online..

Screenshot_20200703_092818_com.android.chrome.jpg

@Fastforce 

There are a lot of promotions that require you to activate online only. Perhaps the problem stems from the Wal-Mart rep either choosing the $35/1.5gb rather than the $35/2gb plan or maybe in store they only have the $35/1.5gb option available to them. However the moderators should just switch the plans for you.

Fastforce

Wasn't aware that the possibility of the plan being online only could be a thing.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods about the matter, so I'll definitely post the results.

I did not mention to them that I originally tried ordering sims from them online which after 9 days were still pending.

If I'm wrong, we'll find out. 🙂

Originally, there were two separate $35 plans available during activation. One of these plans included the bonus, but the other didn't.

I think we would both agree that it would be silly if Public Mobile was making customers who just signed up perform a plan change.

I suppose that the part I'm doubting is if a plan is selectable in self-serve, would it really be hidden/inaccessible in-store?

@computergeek541 oh don't get me wrong I agree with you that if it's selectable in self serve it should be same regardless of where one activates.

However in this case I am thinking (haven't had coffee yet 😝) that originally the promotion plan was only for new clients that activated online then PM switched it to existing customers as well.

So the technical reason would be PM never updated the original portion of the promo with the term "activate online only" part??

I don't know lol. Hopefully Alan can shed some light.

I disagree with you on this. If a plan is selectable in self serve, I don't see any technical reason for it not to be selectable during activation.  That's just my opinion though.  @Alan_K , can you weigh in on this?

@computergeek541  hmmm I don't think they're wrong.

I understand existing customers can get it. But that change PM did on May 12th after the promo was already available for new customers with the condition of activating online.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/PROMO-35-2GB-Plan-Limited-Time-Offer/m-...

So I think things may still stand as they originally were prior to current customers being able to get the plan from the self serve account.

New customer - activate online to be eligible.

Existing - you can switch to it in self serve.

But making a plan change to get the 2 gig would be change at next renewal for the new sign up so 1.5 gig first 30 then 2 afterwards.

Anyways just a thought. Mods will look and hopefully fix for OP. Have a good day ComputerGeek!

Jb456. I'm aware of the offer details. They're wrong. It's not even just for new customers. Even if Public Mobile wants to stick to the online activation only part, all the customer has to do is peform a plan change to get this bonus. An annoucement was made about this.

@computergeek541 

Then why des it say this??

Screenshot_20200703_075910.jpg

@Jb456

Online activation would be a strange requirement as any existing customer can get this plan. I believe this information to be outdated.

@computergeek541 

Sorry I'm not awake lol. I mixed the wrong online things up.

The plan is only available for people that activate online. Since @Fastforce  got Walmart rep to activate at the store I think that's the issue?. Again sorry don't even know where my head was going on that s card rant. Lol.

Screenshot_20200703_075036.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

I asked because the 2 gig promo plan is only eligible for people that order a sim card online.

@Jb456 

Public Mobile has not required anyone to purchase a sim card online for any promotion for quite a while now.  This $35/2GB plan is no exception. This plan is available to all new customers, no matter where they activate and no matter where the sim card is purchased. It is also available to all existing customers.

@Fastforce 

I asked because the 2 gig promo plan is only eligible for people that order a sim card online.

This leads me to believe that Public Mobile did not even process your sim card yet to ship it out that's why maybe it was not coming up on Canada Post. Just a thought anyways.

You'll need to speak with Moderators and tell them u did order online and either never received it or they did not even send it yet because you did not get the 2 gig data.

On another note if you gave the Walmart worker a referral code when they set you up your $10 signup bonus will be applied within 72 hours.

Fastforce

Hey!

I ended up asking for a refund from the mods, and took your advice and went to my local walmart.

She gave me the sims for free, and did the port and everything. Service is great, just the missing data was a bit of a concern, but I've shot a message to the mods.

Happy with the switch for sure.

Fastforce

Thanks,

I just messaged the moderators about the matter.

I think that the old version of the plan was activated. 

For data and add-on, it shows amount of data used and remaining. It should be 2GB or on right side show a 500MB bonus. If it doesn't, click question mark icon to open a moderator ticket.

Fastforce

1.5GB at 3G Speed 

Don't see any other bonus being applied with regards to data.

In data amount section, does it say 1.5 or 2.0GB remaining?  Also look in bonus section.

Fastforce

@cellphoneuser1

I just signed up for PM yesterday and chose the $35 Plan as my first plan.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Fastforce 

How long have you had the $35 plan?  If have the old version, a plan change is needed to get the promo. Set the change to occur when renewing, not immediate change.

Need Help? Let's chat.