cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing call made when it wasn't

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just checked my call log and it is showing calls made when I know they weren't. 

The first one was this morning when I was sleeping and the second one was an hour ago and I know I did not make any calls.

It is not an issue as both calls were under a minute.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I checked my 100 mins if outgoing calls and it shows zero, so I'm very confused.

Any explanation for this ?

13 REPLIES 13

metropublic

@Dolphin1 wrote:

No worries I won't be contacting a mod.  I think I understand why this is happening it just doesn't make sense to me.

@Dolphin1  Someone calls your number and for any reason you do not answer the call then PM's network will forward that call to voicemail (xxx-580-4001). So what you see in your usage log is that entry and because all incoming calls on your plan are free + forwarding to voicemail is free there is no charge.

iPhoneUser

What time zone are you in vs time zone that call detail is in?

Dolphin1

No worries I won't be contacting a mod.  I think I understand why this is happening it just doesn't make sense to me.

Dolphin1

Because it's a forward, and forwards are outgoing calls

If the call is forwarded to voicemail it is not counted against your 100

If you call voicemail it is counted against your 100.

There system knows how to separate them (flag goes off somehow)

Dolphin1

I understand it goes to voicemail but why is it logged as an outgoing call when I did not make a call ?

Isn't that an incoming call ?  I pick up voicemail from a landline not my cellphone.

@popping wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

I just checked my call log and it is showing calls made when I know they weren't. 

The first one was this morning when I was sleeping and the second one was an hour ago and I know I did not make any calls.

It is not an issue as both calls were under a minute.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I checked my 100 mins if outgoing calls and it shows zero, so I'm very confused.

Is that call to a number with the loast 4 digit 4001?

If yes, it is your voice mail number.  When you did not answer your incoming calls, they will be forwarded to your voicemail for your caller to leave a message for you.

@Dolphin1 wrote:

There was a voicemail but how does that could as an outgoing call ?  They called me I didn't call them.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

What number is being called? Is it like xxx-580-4001?

It's possible someone tried calling you and the call ended up going to your voicemail.

That's just how it gets recorded on your log history.

Dolphin1

There was a voicemail but how does that could as an outgoing call ?  They called me I didn't call them.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

It's possible someone tried calling you and the call ended up going to your voicemail.

@Staliger wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Mine is lear. Do you know these numbers? Probably someone else has the same phone number as yours? Check with moderator: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sorry there is no reason to contact Moderators regarding this issue.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It's probably forward to the voicemail which is free

Guess number end with 4001 or 4002?

Forwards to the voicemail are not counted against your 100 allowance, but calls to it are

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Is that call to a number with the loast 4 digit 4001?

If yes, it is your voice mail number.  When you did not answer your incoming calls, they will be forwarded to your voicemail for your caller to leave a message for you.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Mine is lear. Do you know these numbers? Probably someone else has the same phone number as yours? Check with moderator: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.