cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Data

Aimie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any way we can share our data with someone? If so, how do we go about doing this. I just never use all of my data up within the month.

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Aimie wrote:

Is there any way we can share our data with someone? If so, how do we go about doing this. I just never use all of my data up within the month.

HI @Aimie   Which plan do you have?  If you don't use up all the data, maybe downgrade the plan?

Even you are on $25 plan, downgrade the plan only gives you 100 minutes of calling time and it might not be enough, you can add the $5 for 500 minus Canada wide talk add-on, that brings the monthly total to $20, still cheaper than $25.  (and with the 500 minutes  talk add-on, it is an add-on and it has no expiry and it will roll over to the next month.  So, if you not used up 500 mins monthly, your overall monthly $$ could be even less than $20) 

MFEI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, unfortunately no such thing. But you can share data with your family and friends by using hotspot while they are nearby. Hope this helps.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the best option is to get a lesser plan (unless you're alreay usting one of the cheapest ones and still not using up your data). Aside from that, start hotspotting to let others use your data!

88cranston

If you are both close by......could make a hotspot. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Aimie wrote:

@Aimie  The only way to share your data is when the other party is in the same location. Just turn your device's hotspot on and aloow them to connect to your device.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, there are no family plans.  You can only have one account, email, phone# per sim.  There is a $15 plan with 250 MB and a $25 plan with 500 MB.

Lorca

Sorry there is no way to share your data.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, no. It's one account per plan/add ons. There's no concept of a family share plan or anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.