cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up voicemail.

dksrottie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined and realized I haven't set up my email. I have no idea how. Please help.

Thanks 😊

4 REPLIES 4

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just set mine up recently and it's easy! Just call in to your voicemail and follow the voice prompts!

Samaxe

By the way now that you have set up the voicemail, if you ever want to play around with the voicemail options without compromising your minutes (if you are on limited outgoing plan), you can refer to this guide (https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-mobile-voicemail) from Telus. Scroll down to the bottom and click on "TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide" for detailed options. Since Telus is the parent company, same options apply to Public mobile as well. 

dksrottie

Done. Thank you 😊

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Set Up Voicemail

Voicemail requires you to have talk included in your plan, as accessing voicemail will use plan minutes. To access voicemail in the U.S., you will need to purchase the U.S. Roaming Add-On with Talk included. A maximum of 10 messages may be stored, with a maximum length of 5 minutes each. Voicemail messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days. You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion by dialling in to your voicemail, then selecting  ‘1’, followed by ‘9’. To protect your privacy, we recommend always requiring a password for voicemail access, even if you’re calling from your own phone.After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.
Need Help? Let's chat.