cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting call forwarding *not* via the phone

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know how to set up call forwarding from my phone, but unfortunately I flew out before doing it.

My question: how do I set up call forwarding without access to the Public Moble network?

I did not find a way to set it up from the self service portal.

Can the @CS_Agent do it for me?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nezgar wrote:

[...]if you are still in Canada[...]

@Nezgar note that @Alexo mentioned in the OP that they are not still in Canada:

"I know how to set up call forwarding from my phone, but unfortunately I flew out before doing it."

If they were still in Canada, this thread wouldn't even be needed, right??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alexo

My phone is on me (with a different SIM and number).

I just call my PM number (from Fongo), get to the voicemail and hit STAR.

BTW, works with landlines as well.

@Alexo wrote:

I guess I will just check my voicemail daily.

In case you are still in Canada, here is a current list of local voicemail access numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

If not, it makes no difference whether you call your own number or one of these... Maybe it's faster if your phone is still on, to bypass the rings before voicemail...

Alexo

I am across the ocean now.

@computergeek541 wrote:

You would have to get a family member (or someone you trust) to swap the active sim card on your Public Mobile account and program the call forwarding settings for you. Please note that if you do this, you won't be able to use your Public Mobile service again until you grab the now active sim card (or switch to another new Public sim card).

Heh, or even more extreme - if you are still in Canada, purchase/order a new Public Mobile SIM card where you are now, and change sim cards via the self-serve portal...

If you are in the USA, even with a roaming add-on, you still cannot reconfigure call forwarding without being in Canada...

Alexo

I guess I will just check my voicemail daily.

@Alexo wrote:

I know how to set up call forwarding from my phone, but unfortunately I flew out before doing it.

My question: how do I set up call forwarding without access to the Public Moble network?

Thank you!

You would have to get a family member (or someone you trust) to swap the active sim card on your Public Mobile account and program the call forwarding settings for you. Please note that if you do this, you won't be able to use your Public Mobile service again until you grab the now active sim card (or switch to another new Public sim card).

@Alexo you can use the TextNow app over WiFi to access your voicemail if in North America for free.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alexo wrote:

Thank you!

@Alexo unfortunately, you can *not* do it any other way.  I'm afraid you are stuck.  I might suggest you set an outgoing voicemail message that indicates your away status, maybe using the Extended Absence Greeting?  You could provide an alternate number to reach you at, or say to leave a message and you'll return the call when you can.  You can call from any phone line to check your voicemail messages, just know that long distance charges will apply as per whatever plan is associated with the phone you're calling from while abroad.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.