Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

Chico2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data not working

edited by computergeek541: content is message tag moved to message body

31 REPLIES 31

@darlicious I was also thinking the same thing throughout this thread... I suspect the counter reset dates are not in sync.

@Chico2020 can you confirm your last plan renewal date at public mobile matches the date your phone resets on?

Android phones internal usage tracking resets on the same day number each month, and each month may be 28-31 days. At Public Mobile it always 30 days, so a 31 day month will cause the renewal a day earlier than your phones counter will reset. This will happen 8 times per year, requiring you to manually correct it every couple months or so.

@Chico2020 

Is the data tracker in your phone accurately set to 30 days vs monthly? Depending on your time zone there can be a discrepancy in usage because  pm operates by the eastern time zone. Your data resets based on it but it does not always reset on time however it will never reset early but it can reset late. Rarely it will not reset at all however to prove this you would usually have to be diligent about taking screensots before and after renewal and/or recording your daily usage history so that you could accurately add up your daily usage in your account.

Alternatively you must methodically go thru your app use for the time period since renewal til now.  Doing this with the previous 30 day cycle could also show if your data did/did not renew upon your last renewal. If you regularily use most of your data (90%) each cycle then this is unlikely however if you generally use 75% or less it would make since that the remaining data your phone's tracker is showing (240mb?) and your remaining add on data that you had (244mb?)=484mb would equal your approximate normal data usage at this point in your 30 day cycle. This would indicate that your data plan did not reset.

Without screenshots proving this you would have to do the legwork to prove it to the moderator. If you believe this to be true but need data for work before you have the time to prove it then add funds to your account. Purchase the $15/1gb data add on. Then when you have time do the math to prove your point and ask for a credit of $15 for having to purchase the add on and have them reset your plan data. Be sure to adjust your tracker for the add on so that your usage before the add on can be accurately shown for the time period that you are disputing.

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I understand that you are frustrated, but you gotta understand that we are just trying to help you.

We are only customers, we are not staff. We do not have the capabilities to access any of your account so we have limited help.

Public Mobile runs online, everything is done online. The only help you can get is only at activations, where you can go to Walmart and get a sim and activate. Otherwise you have to do everything else by contacting mods or the community.

It is very unlikely that Public Mobile will get a live call centre. Public Mobile is a cheap company.

Telus is also trying to make as much money as they can right now, and as Telus owns Public Mobile, there will be negatives.

Telus has many things to pay. They are trying to deploy 5G technology. So they won’t be spending money on opening Public Mobile stores, staff, or calling centres. I know its frustrating but its one of the negatives being owned by one of the big three.

If you want to, you can port over to Lucky Mobile. They have the same great coverage, basically same Canada-Wide plans ($5 cheaper then Public right now but subject to change) . Best of all, call centres and actual stores, with an app too.

Chico2020

My mobile provider section does only had the first two lines of your suggestion tabs.

Chico2020

Will try, thank you

Chico2020

In the mean time, 24 to 48 hours I am screwed having to wait that long, they should hire staff, have a live call centre and open back stores like they used to years ago, I just can't.

Chico2020

Did that too twice

Chico2020

Did that too

I'm sure this is frustrating for you, @Chico2020 

Follow my earlier advice to post another question to the moderator team.

Alternatively, post every page of your usage history which displays data consumption since your most recent renewal date as well as your data and usage add-on section under self serve as well as your plan details so that we can help guide you through this. 

Remove any personal or private information from those details.

Chico2020

I DID NOT RUN OUT OF DATA, I WALK WITH MY DATA STICK EVERYWHERE AND USE WII FII, NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE; I HAVE AN ALERT THAT STILL HAVE NOT COME ON BECAUSE THE PHONE SHOWS I AM ONLY AT 760; AND SHOW THE SPACE BETWEEN THAT AND 100% CLEAR, WHITE, BLANK, SHOWING I HAVE LOTS MORE USAGE AVAILABLE THAT I PAID FOR; STILL NOT WORKING, SHE IS NOT BEING FORTH-COMING; THEY SENT ME A $20 DOLLAR CREDIT THAT I CANNOT USE UNLESS I BRING THEM ANOTHER REFERAL, GO FIGURE; WILL NOT HAPPEN, AND MY LAST REFERAL WILL LEAVE WITH ME TOO THIS MONTH PRIOR TO NEXT DUE DATE IN MARCH; GOOD RIDDANCE.

Chico2020

Okay will do, I also submitted the survey she sent me and add the info there as well.

@Chico2020 

Maybe screenshot your overview page, Data and add on section.  lIke my earlier post.  That should provide more information.  

If moderators mentioned that you ran out of data, you likely did run out.  

Chico2020

I did; shows I only used 760 since February 8th, I paid for 1 GB PLUS HAD 224 ADD ON.

Chico2020

Hi:

It worked before, been working since last year; first time having this problem and it has cost me jobs as I rely on my phone to work when I am on the road working.

@Chico2020 wrote:

Hi:

I did, she had the nerve to tell me that my account shows that I used up all my 1GB, keeping in mind she said nothing about my add on of 224; or how the system shows that I used data yesterday of 0.535 when I had no data since the 22nd; plus my phone records shows I only used 760 since February 8th.

@Chico2020 

When was your last renewal date?  You could look back through all your usage history (available in self-serve) to the date of your last renewal.   Data consumption adds and posts at the end of each business day so just look for the data there - count every day.

Those number are accurate.

You can also look through your device's data history, not only by date, but by individual app.  

It's a very tedious process of comparing device data usage against self-serve data usage - however if the Moderators say it was consumed, it very likely was.

Chico2020

I rebooted, I take out the battery, I did a complete shut down, still nothing.

Chico2020

Hi:

I did, she had the nerve to tell me that my account shows that I used up all my 1GB, keeping in mind she said nothing about my add on of 224; or how the system shows that I used data yesterday of 0.535 when I had no data since the 22nd; plus my phone records shows I only used 760 since February 8th.

Hi @Chico2020 

Did it work before?

Can you do network reset?

What phone are you using, there is history of problems with lg phones, mine wouldn't do anything though i did every suggestion on api settings over and over again.

At the end mods asked me for my phone model and IMEI and they pushed the settings through SMS, since then it worked great.

If your network reset and manual api configuration don't help just ask them to push the settings to you.

You can contact them here 

@Chico2020 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  When you posted a few days ago, you did not provide specific details so it was difficult for members to offer relevant advice.  If you did submit ticket for moderator help, you usually need to wait for moderator response usually within 24-48 hours.  Check your inbox (envelope icon on upper right corner of website).  

Does your talk and text work?  

You did check your phone usage history for data, but what does your PM service data tracker show in your self service account? If you don't see the tracker, you ran out of data this cycle.

See below;

image.png

A few things to try as mentioned in previous post:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on/then off.  

@Chico2020 wrote:

My data has not been working since February 22, 2021 even-though I paid until March 10, 2021; I messaged here three days ago; I have only one reply that does not speak to the issue at hand; today it the 25th, on the 23rd I submitted a ticket and to date no response; I logged into my account to check my usage and it shows that I used 0.535 mb (February 24th) of data on the web, not possible since my date stopped working since the 22nd.  I still have no dat since the 22nd and I have 500 plus 500 plus 224 add on, only used 760 according to my phone history when I went to the store for help; it's a shame after being with Freedom for 9 years to switch to this company and nothing but problems; now I can go back to Freedom for $1 less per month for 1.5 per month and don't have to buy any add ons nor have any disruptions to my service and not have it show that I used when I could not possibly have done that.

I would recommend sending Moderators another message, @Chico2020 

Reference your experience and findings and ask them to provide a response.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods - i would recommend Option #1:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Chico2020

Okay will try this

Chico2020

Okay

Chico2020

My data has not been working since February 22, 2021 even-though I paid until March 10, 2021; I messaged here three days ago; I have only one reply that does not speak to the issue at hand; today it the 25th, on the 23rd I submitted a ticket and to date no response; I logged into my account to check my usage and it shows that I used 0.535 mb (February 24th) of data on the web, not possible since my date stopped working since the 22nd.  I still have no dat since the 22nd and I have 500 plus 500 plus 224 add on, only used 760 according to my phone history when I went to the store for help; it's a shame after being with Freedom for 9 years to switch to this company and nothing but problems; now I can go back to Freedom for $1 less per month for 1.5 per month and don't have to buy any add ons nor have any disruptions to my service and not have it show that I used when I could not possibly have done that.

@mh1983 

You can be certain if anyone suggests something which would cause the OP to do or purchase something unnecessary, people will comment to correct that. 

You're right, it sometimes does happen -- it just hasn't yet on this thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 : It's about data. Nobody's saying anything that would do any harm.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Everyone, please only provide suggestions when you understand what the OP's issue is. Until they provide more details, you could be providing a suggestion that makes the situation worse or doesn't apply to their situation. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your APN settings.

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:

1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Hit save.

Try rebooting your phone.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try network reset in your phone settings

@Chico2020 

From your tag section on your post,

More details are needed.  Was your data working before?  Which plan are you on?  Is it possible that your data ran out this cycle?  Check your Data and Add on section in your overview page in self service account.  If you don't see your data tracker, you likely ran out of data this cycle.  

Need Help? Let's chat.