cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working! "No long distance?"

Shanen112
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone, so I just switched my plan from the 120day 12gb promo you guys had to a 30 day custom plan because i couldnt make the $120 payment. So after I switched, it says active on my profile. I had chosen the unlimited provinical talk, text and 1 gb data. The payment went through and took the money out of my account. When i go to call anyone i get a message saying I don't have the right long distance package. None of my texts or calls will go through and I cant use data. please help me with whats going on!

29 REPLIES 29

MiguelTonya59

Please help - this is happening to me too!!!!!

Michael7

What did you have to do? What did you have to do?

@bruce_pm wrote:

I have the same issue. Moderators haven't figured it out. Sim card does the same thing in another phone....odd that this seems to happen frequently?

It was to different problem... first with provincial calls and yesterday with autopay....not fixed yet for you??? Wrote to the moderator?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @bruce_pm,

thank you so much for your comments!

I can see that my colleague is currently in communication with you. Please rest assured that they will do their best to help and figure out the root of the issue 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

bruce_pm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue. Moderators haven't figured it out. Sim card does the same thing in another phone....odd that this seems to happen frequently?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gjjms123 wrote:

I have tried everything messaged moderators 48 hours ago now and still have not heard back any other ideas? I need my phone for work.

@Gjjms123 unfortunately the only thing you can do now is wait.  They appear to be backlogged again.  I hope they get to you soon!  In the meanitme, you could make and receive calls on a temporary number by using Fongo over Wi-Fi, or some other VoIP application/service....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Gjjms123

I have tried everything messaged moderators 48 hours ago now and still have not heard back any other ideas? I need my phone for work.

srlawren

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Gjjms123 wrote:

Already tried that. How do I get ahold of a moderator I even tried adding long distance which I already have and paid for I'm not impressed

Something to try while waiting. Take out sim card...wait for a couple minutes then reinsert. See if that does the trick. Long shot; I know. Good luck.

@hairbag1 since the message is coming from Public Mobile and it's not an inability to connect to the network, I don't think removing and reinserting the SIM card is going to make any difference.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Gjjms123 wrote:

Already tried that. How do I get ahold of a moderator I even tried adding long distance which I already have and paid for I'm not impressed

Something to try while waiting. Take out sim card...wait for a couple minutes then reinsert. See if that does the trick. Long shot; I know. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gjjms123 wrote:

Yes it is 

I know it sounds weird but another thing to try is to manually add another $1 into your account, and after success...restart the phone.

Gjjms123

Yes it is 

@Gjjms123  a écrit :

Is your self serve account shows ACTIVE?

@Gjjms123 wrote:

See the envelope in top right hand side of page...clickit and send a private message to moderator_team. Give them as much detail as you can. Be patient as wait times for a reply could get to 24 hours or more...usually less. Good luck and welocme to Public Mobile.

@Gjjms123  a écrit :

The moderator can be reach here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain with details what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patientSmiley Frustrated

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gjjms123 wrote:

Please send a message to the @CS_Agent by clicking on the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Gjjms123

Gjjms123

No I topped up the plan yesterday data is working but no texting or calling says i dont have long distance but I do 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gjjms123 wrote:

Please help mine is doing the same thing 

Speedy Lieux.

I was going to suggest try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@Gjjms123  a écrit :

Do you have the 10$ plan? With all 50 minutes used?

Gjjms123

Eagleman963
Hi I'm having the exact same issue. Can use data but not make or receive calls. Voicemail can accept messages but I can't listen to them. Have tried multiple reboots and removed the sim 3 times. Any ideas? Thanks.

srlawren

@Mary_M to the rescue!  🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad I could help 🙂 @Shannen112

Enjoy your weekend!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Shanen112

That did it! Thank you very much for the faster service! I was so worried when i couldnt call in and get it fixed right away I thought this was going to take forever to fix. Thanks for the speedy fix!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Maybe try another power cycle but your plan is active ! 🙂 @Shanen112

Shanen112

Okay so i turned off my phone took out the sim, put it back it and started it back up and now its no longer giving me the "no long distance add-on" message it's giving me a "sorry talk is not included in your current plan" However, my texts are now working.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Shanen112,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I'm really sorry to hear that your services aren't functional despite having made a payment. Don't worry, I was able to already look into it and activated everything with a click! Can you please power cycle your phone and test? Everything should be working properly 🙂

Please let us know how it goes,

Mary

Shanen112

Thanks for that didnt even realize I had it up. No i have not. i will try that now. I've never had to reset my phone or sim before so I never thought of trying it. and yes i am calling within the province, it wont even let me reach my voicemail without saying i need long distance. Will post with results

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Please remove your number since this is a public forum. 

Are you getting that error when you're calling people within the province? Did you try removing the sim and rebooting your phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.