cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Cut Off

Sandra61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new credit card but forgot to update the information in my account.

I pay Public Mobile with autopayments. My service has now been cut off

and I am trying to fix things but am running into problems.

I can't seem to log into my account. I select "Forgot Password" but when I enter my

email the next screen reads: "ForgotPassword/OldPasswordNotValidContactAdmin".

I can't make a payment by phone because I have to use a pre-registered credit card and mine has expired.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

@kpat99 

To edit your post go to the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post. You can edit out your personal info from there in order to keep your phone number and account secure from spammers and fraudsters.

In order to reactivate your mothers phone service immediately without account access you can pay with a voucher thru 611 on your mothers phone or with the card registered for autopay (requires the 4 digit account pin#). Vouchers from shell stations, 7/11 and SDM can be used immediately after purchase. You can also make real time payments (RTP) at mobil and canadian tire gas bars (not the retail store) for a $1 fee. Online payments can be made thru recharge.com and ding.com for a slightly larger fee. More info on vouchers...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

There is no call centre for public mobile. Unfortunately it sounds like there has been an autopay failure on your mother's account. To gain access to the account if you cannot remember your login details (email+password) then contact the moderators either by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type forgot account login and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Or send a private message which may be easier for you....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses today. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please note moderator business hours are done for the day. A night moderator may contact you if they see you online but expect a reply in your private  message box in the morning.

@Dunkman @computergeek541 @mimmo @ShawnC13  Some editing please and thank you.

@kpat99 wrote:

I've never been more disappointed in a service in my life. My kids are both set up with Public Mobile, and then I set up my wifes parents with it but this is a joke. I can't find a phone number for any help. 

My wife's mother is XXXXXX, her number is xxxxxxx, and her service was cut off today. Now we can't log in to the service, and can't talk to anybody?

If anybody could call me that would be great.

Kevin

Kevin, as this is a public forum...anyone can see your very private info here. Please go back and edit out names and numbers.

kpat99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've never been more disappointed in a service in my life. My kids are both set up with Public Mobile, and then I set up my wifes parents with it but this is a joke. I can't find a phone number for any help. 

My wife's mother is Dennse xxx, her number is 226-xxx-xxxx, and her service was cut off today. Now we can't log in to the service, and can't talk to anybody?

If anybody could call me that would be great.

418-xxx-xxxx.

Kevin

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Sandra61 wrote:

I can't seem to log into my account. I select "Forgot Password" but when I enter my

I can't make a payment by phone because I have to use a pre-registered credit card and mine has expired.

Any thoughts?

Hi @Sandra61 sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your self serve account.  As already suggested above, contact the Moderator Team to fix this for you.  Expect a reply from the moderators within 48 hours (hopefully less).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up.  that would be the moderator's reply.

In the meantime, you can pay for your service using a voucher.  You can buy a Public Mobile voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Walmart, gas stations or some local convenience store, to get your service going again.  Dial 611, you will be ask "Please enter the 12-digit pin from your voucher".  There might be a couple of 12-digit numbers on the voucher, choose PIN #

You may also use recharge.com to buy a voucher for a small fee.  You will see your recharge code directly on the page after completing your payment.  They will also send it to you via email within 5 minutes after ordering.

I hope this helps

RosieR

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sandra61 wrote:

Any thoughts?

@Sandra61 ,

To access your SELF SERVE account, try clearing your browser's cache, and open a tab in incognito mode. Websites are finicky (particularly PM's). An hour wait may be best as it could have locked up after so many attempts.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sandra61 

When you're using the forgot password option, and you start to type your e-mail address, does your e-mail addresses form try to autocomplete? (i.e. suggest previously used e-mail addresses?)

I have found that sometimes selecting autocomplete suggestions puts spaces before the e-mail address, thus causing the autocomplete form process to fail.

I would recommend manually typing in the FULL e-mail address, not letting autocomplete fill the form at all.   Does that let you proceed past the "forgot password" option?

@Sandra61 wrote:

Any thoughts?

To get back into  your self serve account, please go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and then type "forgot security question answer".

As for your service not working, after autopay fails, a manual payment needs to be made, either with your credit card or by using a voucher.

Need Help? Let's chat.