cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 5G Is here

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since 5G is here well public mobile switch 3G to 4G LTE to catch up sent everyone will be on the new 5G towers doesn’t make sense for public to use 3G Anymore as we were one speed below now we are two speeds behind any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

@111111 wrote:

Since 5G is here well public mobile switch 3G to 4G LTE to catch up sent everyone will be on the new 5G towers doesn’t make sense for public to use 3G Anymore as we were one speed below now we are two speeds behind any thoughts?

One thing everyone needs to be aware of is how slowly things change at Public Mobile. There are no plans to implement 5g network service any time in the near future. I also wouldn't expect anything to change speedwise unless either Chatr or Lucky makes a speed change.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@111111  Not for another couple years. 5G is still in its infancy stage.

eventually those 5g customers will be paying extra for that service. I think I higher throttle with volte needs to start coming into play soon. the reception seems to be getting worse. PM needs to compete with lucky mobiles wifi calling and esim

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that 5G will be enabled only for Telus customers, Public Mobile will stay the same with 3G.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@111111 

Technically your phone will ping the nearest tower and use it but even if you connected to a 5G tower you wont notice a big speed difference. You connect to the same Telus towers as other users even the LTE ones. Your speeds just throttled to 3G although you won’t notice a difference unless you constantly run a speed test which you shouldn’t. 5G’s just hype for now and remember we’re all using PM for the amazing deals and network. Also I wouldn’t use 5G if it was available because LTE/4G works just fine for me if I was with another carrier.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@111111 wrote:

@111111  5G is only available in a handful of high density areas (cities). It will be a very long time before we see 5G nationwide. From what I have read the coverage range from 5G towers as it it stands today is somewhere around 250-500 meters. I think you will be on throttled LTE for a very long time.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@111111 wrote:

@111111  hi it would be great but not likely 

Need Help? Let's chat.