cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Sending and receiving pic mms using data

MMS is routed through a separate server and does not count against the data usage.  Since mobile data is enabled, sync features can consume data. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@bud21ca wrote:

I have 2 phones on the $30 1gb plan, but noticed sending and receiving picture messages are using little bits of data each time when I check usage online it shows they are indeed using my data?

There is the usage detail and there is the overview. You'll see these lines in details but you won't see any increase in data usage in overview. Where it matters.

I am surprised this would apply on a non-text plan. Since it is a picture it's is probably backed up on a Google/Apple service

Mayor / Maire

@Dankaroo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@bud21ca wrote:

I have 2 phones on the $30 1gb plan, but noticed sending and receiving picture messages are using little bits of data each time when I check usage online it shows they are indeed using my data?

There is the usage detail and there is the overview. You'll see these lines in details but you won't see any increase in data usage in overview. Where it matters.

I am surprised this would apply on a non-text plan. Since it is a picture it's is probably backed up on a Google/Apple service

That's a great catch. @bud21ca: can you verify that you have the data only plan or the other $30 with the bonus 500 totalling 1gb.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, sorry for the confusion. It is the $30 500mb with 500 bonus and unlimited talk and text plan.