cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking follow through on plan information I was given.

TrishS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a Public Mobile Sim card by mail on the basis of the answer to my question - would the plan I wanted be available to me once I received and activated the card.

Answer = yes.

Today, when I tried to activate the Sim card, the answer has changed.

I need follow through based on integrity - say what you do and do what you say.

It is unclear to me how to proceed.  

TrishS

I am looking for action/follow through based on the information that was provided to me.   

17 REPLIES 17

@TrishS wrote:

Promo details = $30 2GB.

The communication was with a female via Live Chat on approximately September 5th.

I also note that the link to moderator access produces a warning about a fake/attack site so I have not been able to bring this to a moderator's attention.

Trish 

I site to contact the moderators is https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat or through the private messaging link provided earlier.  I don't see any error messages associated with these addresses. I wouldn't be suprised if there are something similar addresses out there made by people hoping to capitalize on a mistyped website address.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TrishS  as @popping  mentioned hopefully you have a chat history somewhere as proof of your conversation.  that would be the only way to prove the what happened.  and hopefully with that Pm will honor what was said in the chat.

if you know when and who you were catting with then you might be able to ask pm to search their chat records   but that is probably a road not worth trying to follow.

popping

@TrishS wrote:

And I do not plan to accept that Public Mobile's view of this is the way it should be.

I purchased a Sim card based on information provided.  I feel they are responsible to follow through.

Trish

If you have a record of the Live Chat, you can send a private message to moderator team together with the Live Chat record to resolve your issue. 

We are subscribers to PM service.  We cannot offer you anything and just info similar to your situation from the past

TrishS

So what is the solution to being given incorrect information?

To me it seems reasonable that Public Mobile is responsible for doing what the answer to my question said would happen.

Trish

TrishS

Please note I did not say that the Live Chat person was lying.

I am clear about the answer I received to my question.

Trish

Anonymous
Not applicable

And that agent should be severely reprimanded. Nobody can foresee the future. I get your principled stand but good luck.

TrishS

And I do not plan to accept that Public Mobile's view of this is the way it should be.

I purchased a Sim card based on information provided.  I feel they are responsible to follow through.

Trish

@TrishS wrote:

Promo details = $30 2GB.

The communication was with a female via Live Chat on approximately September 5th.

I also note that the link to moderator access produces a warning about a fake/attack site so I have not been able to bring this to a moderator's attention.

Trish 

The information you were given was likely incorrect.  Promotions are for a limited time and quite often the end date is not given when a promo is offered.  

TrishS

My question was clear and specific.

I acted on the clear and specific answer I was given.

I understand that someone may have misspoken.  What I do not understand is that they consequences are not Public Mobile's but rather mine to accept.

Trish

popping

@TrishS 

The initial Live Chat CSR was not lying while the offer was still valid without an end date yet.  But the offer is a Limited Time Offer basis until cancel.   That promo was canceled on Thursday Sept 17.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Plans_Add-Ons/message-id/77...

TrishS

Promo details = $30 2GB.

Trish 

TrishS

I am beyond certain about the answer I received about  this question.

Trish

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TrishS  It's unlikely anyone at PM promised a promo would be available whenever your SIM arrived. Promotions are almost always linked to an activation date. 

Some questions:

a) who, exactly made this promise?

b) what were the promo details?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Unfortunately that plan offer ended September 17th.

You can try opening another ticket and explaining your case. Not sure if it will go anywhere.

Sorry you missed out. They are offering 2nd 30 day plan free right now.

Follow the instructions on this link as you have to enter your email before activating the sim

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

If the $30 plan does come available in future you can always do a "change at next renewal" and get that plan if it does come back.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus if you do decided to activate another plan.

@TrishS contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

popping

@TrishS 

Sorry to hear that.  

But PM cancel that offer early this week.

Not much you can do now to get that plan.

TrishS

I purchased a Public Mobile Sim card when the $30 2GB plan was offered.

Via the live chat at the time I specifically asked if the plan would be available once the card arrived and I activated it.  Answer = yes.

It was mailed to me.

Now live chat = Sorry not available.

I would like follow through on this.

I communicated this at length on Live Chat today with no resolution. 

How do I obtain the service that i was told would be available to me?

TrishS

Need Help? Let's chat.