cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seasonal hold

owind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand there won't be anything like seasonal hold but I found some answers on the forum. I would like to confirm how many days exactly my phone number will be terminated if I don't pay?

89, 90 or 120 days counted from the last active day?

Will go on vacation for at least 2 months, might be longer...

16 REPLIES 16

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@owind wrote:

I understand there won't be anything like seasonal hold but I found some answers on the forum. I would like to confirm how many days exactly my phone number will be terminated if I don't pay?

To be clear on the day count.

Day 1 - you pay for your service (30 day plan)

Day 30 - you do not renew/pay and let your account slip into suspension. This is the start of your 90 days of suspension.

Day 120 - this is when your account will be canceled and you lose your number. (90 days after failed renewal and 120 days after your last payment.)

That might explain why I'm still getting a referral credit for an account that was used temporarily and is past the 90 day non-payment.

My understanding was that the referral reward would drop upon suspension. Interesting.

Yes, I assumed the same but for some reason the referral is still there.  Not going to complain:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@owind wrote:

Day 30 - you do not renew/pay and let your account slip into suspension. This is the start of your 90 days of suspension.

Day 120 - this is when your account will be canceled and you lose your number. (90 days after failed renewal and 120 days after your last payment.)

That might explain why I'm still getting a referral credit for an account that was used temporarily and is past the 90 day non-payment.

My understanding was that the referral reward would drop upon suspension. Interesting.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

@owind wrote:

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@owind wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@owind wrote:

Where you going for your vaca ? I ask because you can still enjoy using your Public Mobile cell services wherever you go in Canada.

If you're headed to USA, you have options for multiples of Public Mobile 10 day Roaming Add-ons.

If you're going elsewhere, then you'll need to plan accordingly as already suggested by others.

Good luck and have a safe summer.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I didn't realize (until a few weeks ago after reading some posts here) that suspending/not paying for your account would allow you to retain both your number and renew the plan within an allotted timeframe, thereby saving plan fees.

Is this seasonal hold just available with PM or is it a normal feature with all providers?

I wouldn't say it's a seasonal hold per se. It's just a grace period upon suspension before the account gets completely deactivated.

iirc there are other providers that do have an actual so-called seasonal hold feature, but you pay for it.

So the PM version can be very useful without any fees.  Thanks

I would not be conclusive on that thought until knowing what all else other providers do upon non-payment (or self-suspension like lost/stolen). I don't know so I'm not being conclusive. 🙂

Understood.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I didn't realize (until a few weeks ago after reading some posts here) that suspending/not paying for your account would allow you to retain both your number and renew the plan within an allotted timeframe, thereby saving plan fees.

Is this seasonal hold just available with PM or is it a normal feature with all providers?

I wouldn't say it's a seasonal hold per se. It's just a grace period upon suspension before the account gets completely deactivated.

iirc there are other providers that do have an actual so-called seasonal hold feature, but you pay for it.

I would not be conclusive on that thought until knowing what all else other providers do upon non-payment (or self-suspension like lost/stolen). I don't know so I'm not being conclusive. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic  why suggest list stolen mode?  Your 90 day counter starts immedeatly once enabled.

VS say disable autopay and allowing plan to suspend naturally. If plan renews 2 weeks into vacation then you delay the 90 days.  I would only do lost stolen if there are funds in the account greater than plan renewal. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@owind Give this a read for more info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@owind the typical time period to maintain your phone number without paying is 3 months / 90 days.  This is pretty standard for most prepaid cell companies.  So you should be good if you'll just be away for 2 months.  

Another option is reduce your plan to the $10 plan, plus with a $2 auto pay credit then it's $8 (and even less if you have referral & loyalty credits), and then when you get back you can change your plan again to whatever is current at the time.  Only thing is if you're on a promo plan of some sort right now, then you'll lose that and you won't be able to get it back.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@owind 

Account will be cancelled 90 days after suspension.

Don't wait until the last day to reactivate your account just in case you run into issue which need moderator assistant.  Moderator wait time is 2 to 3 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@owind wrote:

90 days after your next renewal date.

Best to suspend your service via the Lost/Stolen option. If your trip is longer than 90 days renew your plan on day 89.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@owind wrote:

For sure after 90 days your account will be cancelled...so that's why it's better to count 87 or 88 days before top-up your account if you want to be sure to be able to reactivate it.

Need Help? Let's chat.