cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same price for less? - Build your own plan broken?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile's motto is Less for Less but this does not seem to be the case.

I wanted to open an additional data only line for my grand mother's iPad. 

While building her plan I noticed the following:Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.34.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.34.28 PM.png

It seems whether I take data only or unlimited talk and text it is the same price, this seems counter-intuitive. Why would a plan with less cost the same amount, is the plan builder broken?

3 REPLIES 3

RayT3k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One can also look at it as a glass half full:

Why would a plan with more cost the same amount, is the plan builder broken?

...and I would answer that is what makes PM great. They don't nickel and dime everytime they get a chance.  They have similar setups for other plans where additional GBs/features don't affect the monthly price. Something lots of us here appreciate.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc The old system seems much better I don't see why they would remove it. I guess in that case il go with the plan that includes talk and text so if ever one day I give her a smartphone she will already be all set. Thank you for your explanation 😃

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

Public Mobile's motto is Less for Less but this does not seem to be the case.

I wanted to open an additional data only line for my grand mother's iPad. 

While building her plan I noticed the following:Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.34.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.34.28 PM.png

It seems whether I take data only or unlimited talk and text it is the same price, this seems counter-intuitive. Why would a plan with less cost the same amount, is the plan builder broken?

@PoogzleyNot broken. It's the bundle discount. It used to be an extra part in the plan builder for 2 choices discount, and 3 choice discount however they removed that sections as it apparently "confused" new comers. There are also certain combinations which result in free service upgrades, such as provincial to canada wide, or canada-wide to canada+usa calling. That's how it works. Sometimes its actually more expensive for less. Whatever combination results in the most service (that you require) for the best price. Choose it and be happy.

3.png

Need Help? Let's chat.