cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*SOLVED* Can't call or text certain people

chickenwing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SOLVED 

I figured out the problem, it was because the numbers had the country code before them. (+01) Kind of weird that that would effect it since it's the Canadian country code?? 

Anyways I am glad it is working now!

Hello, I have an issue with calling and texting only certain people. When I try to call I get the automated response: "Hi. Public Mobile here. Sorry. Talk is not included in your plan..."  I have this issue with two numbers that I know of so far. One is with Freedom and the other is with Rogers. 
I can call and text everyone else just fine.
It's very strange as I can receive calls and texts from both of these numbers, just the sending that is not working at all.

My phone information: 
OnePlus 5t (dual SIM) 
- I bought this phone directly from the manufacturer, with no plan attached.
- I've used SIM cards in Taiwan, Vietnam, and Korea in this phone. Not sure if that would affect anything. 

I tried changing the SMSC number though the *#*#4636#*#* code and accessing it through there but it is always blank. When I hit refresh this is what is inside the box: "+16475800172",145
I hit Update, and go back to the main page.
But it disappears when I go back onto the settings again.

I've tried different messaging apps too, Textra, Google Messages app, Go SMS Pro.

If you have any idea how I can fix this problem please help me!! I am lost.

17 REPLIES 17

Well the Canada/US Country Code is actually 1, not 01 which I would think would certainly mess things up prefixed to your numbers. 01 is close to the international Long Distance prefix

@darlicious  May have been closest to solving the problem by getting you on track when she asked if they had a 1 in front of the numbers.

Here is a "cell phone from 1905" with a special Long Distance digit (known as an 11 digit dial) to help people figure out how to make long distance calls! You were on your own figuring out how to pay for the call, typically several dollars (early 1900's dollars) for three minutes or $25-$40 for three minutes to Europe.

AE_Collector

009F0E86-FA72-4222-8F53-302C39B9A9AC.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chickenwing  Good job you figured it ou yourself and correctly marked the solution as well!

@chickenwing  wrote:

Solved!! Check edit for information.

That's good to hear. Thanks for letting us know how you solved it. 

chickenwing

Solved!! Check edit for information.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chickenwing  I assume you've tried regular texting/sms without using an app-based texting including the ones you mentioned? It's unlikely, but possible that network issues for you or them could be causing this, or that certain people may have changed their settings to not receive your app-based messages? 

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are those two numbers are currently inside Canada? 

@chickenwing  Do you have a (1) in front of those two numbers? And my trick of the week....

Turn on airplane mode. Wait 10 minutes. Turn off airplane mode. Reboot phone. Test texting/calling those two numbers.

@CannonFodder  Save room for dessert...medium, hot, suicide?

If it gives you an error you can also contact them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

No ticket will be created and it may take a little longer to respond

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message, probably from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

@chickenwing wrote:

Hi @ChuckYeah , thanks for your reply! 

What's your history with Public Mobile?
I joined in November, originally with the $15 plan, but today I switched to the $25 plan with the hopes it was just a limitation since the $15 plan has limited minutes for calling.

Is this a new setup?
Not sure what you mean by this...

New Number?
The number was one I chose from the list, I'm assuming it's a recycled number since I keep getting calls from loan sharks.

Did you change your plan recently?
I didn't have a plan before, not in Canada anyways.

Have you tried restarting your phone or changing the sim slot?
I've done both of those, I tried the SIM card in both slots as well.

By new setup, I meant new activation. You answered that.

The only other thing I'd try is a network reset or check to see if you have any blocked numbers on your phone, but I'm with the others, this sounds like a job for... @CS_Agent .

@chickenwing wrote:

@totalUser thanks for replying! How do I contact the moderators?? 

Click on the question mark and ask Simon to talk to human. Toj will have chance to create ticket then

chickenwing

@totalUser thanks for replying! How do I contact the moderators?? 

chickenwing

Hi @ChuckYeah , thanks for your reply! 

What's your history with Public Mobile?
I joined in November, originally with the $15 plan, but today I switched to the $25 plan with the hopes it was just a limitation since the $15 plan has limited minutes for calling.

Is this a new setup?
Not sure what you mean by this...

New Number?
The number was one I chose from the list, I'm assuming it's a recycled number since I keep getting calls from loan sharks.

Did you change your plan recently?
I didn't have a plan before, not in Canada anyways.

I've done both of those, I tried the SIM card in both slots as well.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chickenwing 

That is very strange

The only time I get such message is when I mistyped and am actually calling USA.

Can you double check the numbers that you dialed?

If you didn't mistyped the only people who can help are moderators

@chickenwing What is your history with Public Mobile? Is this a new setup? New Number? Did you change your plan recently?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@chickenwing wrote:

Hello, I have an issue with calling and texting only certain people. When I try to call I get the automated response: "Hi. Public Mobile here. Sorry. Talk is not included in your plan..."  I have this issue with two numbers that I know of so far. One is with Freedom and the other is with Rogers. 
I can call and text everyone else just fine.
It's very strange as I can receive calls and texts from both of these numbers, just the sending that is not working at all.

My phone information: 
OnePlus 5t (dual SIM) 
- I bought this phone directly from the manufacturer, with no plan attached.
- I've used SIM cards in Taiwan, Vietnam, and Korea in this phone. Not sure if that would affect anything. 

I tried changing the SMSC number though the *#*#4636#*#* code and accessing it through there but it is always blank. When I hit refresh this is what is inside the box: "+16475800172",145
I hit Update, and go back to the main page.
But it disappears when I go back onto the settings again.

I've tried different messaging apps too, Textra, Google Messages app, Go SMS Pro.

If you have any idea how I can fix this problem please help me!! I am lost.

I can advise to seek for the moderator's help so that they could reset your account, and it may help: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.

hhanson

Hello!

Wow, this is very strange. Have you tried making a ticket so that a moderator can assist you? If not, maybe try this first.

Need Help? Let's chat.