cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS TEXT MESSAGEING

Darkwing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My ipone is not working on the imessage or facetime it keeps waiting for activation any one else having the same problem with PUBLIC MOBILE i have 25 dollar plan unlimited canada calling and international text and pictures 500 + 500 m Data

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Darkwing wrote:

It was the phone it was to old for update,s from Apple. Problem was solved by buying modern phones

@Darkwing what model was it?  Theoretically you should be able to use as old as iPhone 3GS or maybe even iPhone 3G?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Darkwing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was the phone it was to old for update,s from Apple. Problem was solved by buying modern phones

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Darkwing wrote:

My ipone is not working on the imessage or facetime it keeps waiting for activation any one else having the same problem with PUBLIC MOBILE i have 25 dollar plan unlimited canada calling and international text and pictures 500 + 500 m Data

How long have you been active with Public Mobile? In another thread, this was the resulution entry from the user

Issue is resolved. It was a carrier issue, it takes a day or two for the carrier to register the new phone ticket. 

It may just take a day or 2 for the carrier to register the ticket for your device on the Network...

publichelp1997
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iMessage or facetime works through wifi or data as long as you have internet access. It seems more of an issue with your phone rather than public mobile.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

1.Turn iMessage off under Settings -> Messages

2.   Turn FaceTime off under Settings -> FaceTime

3.   Restart the device

4.  Toggle both iMessage and FaceTime On

5. Confirm that correct iMessage sender address is now programmed under Settings -> Messages – Send & Receive

6.  Send an outgoing iMessage and confirm resolution

7.  If issue persists, follow-up with another powercycle

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Darkwing , here's some troubleshooting strategies from Apple.   See if it helps.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201422

Need Help? Let's chat.