cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card pin

Linap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I help my friend to set up a new public mobile account. Acc was successful activated but the phone is not connected, SIM was insert, but phone screen showing me like this  asking me PIN #t. “SIM network unlock PIN.”  What is that? Where can get that PIN? I have set up few new accounts before but don’t see this question. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

fpjulie

You're welcome. 

Linap

Thank you!

Linap

You are right. I have called that original company to get unlock PIN. Successfully  unlocked. Thanks.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Linaphas not come back to help us help them by giving us more information...

The network unlock PIN needs to be requested from the carrier the phone is locked to. As of December 1/2017 they have to provide it for free.

Some unlocked phones like Samsung devices might lock themselves to the first SIM inserted. You can also contact the manufacturer to get the network unlock PIN. (Samsung Canada has a chat option which seems to be working quite well.)

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Is your phone unlocked?  If your phone locked ,you will need to either find a phone that is locked to Telus.Koodo or try third party unlocking services.

I may be wrong, but you do not need "third party unlocking service".  Unlocking is free, you call your present phone service provider and ask for it.  They will give you a number that you will use to unlock the phone.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is your phone unlocked?  If your phone locked ,you will need to either find a phone that is locked to Telus.Koodo or try third party unlocking services.

fpjulie

You would need to find out which carrier it is and request unlocking code from them. They should do it for free so don't allow yourself to be bullied into paying to have that unlock code.  Good luck with that. 

fpjulie

As has been suggested before, the phone is locked to a carrier

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sounds like the phone is locked to the previous carrier, you'll have to contact them to unlock the phone.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Linap wrote:

I help my friend to set up a new public mobile account. Acc was successful activated but the phone is not connected, SIM was insert, but phone screen showing me like this  asking me PIN #t. “SIM network unlock PIN.”  What is that? Where can get that PIN? I have set up few new accounts before but don’t see this question. Please help.

That message usually means your phone is locked.  Which phone model is it? Was it purchased from another carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.