cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULED Plan Change Failing on Website

Dis_Gruntled
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No problem with my browser, two days ago I was able to set the plan to change upon my next renewal, today.

Looking at my account today though, it says I’ve started the next 30 day term on the old $50/8.5 GB plan (8 GB + 500MB bonus), not the new $50/10GB + bonus that I agreed to.

16 REPLIES 16

Dis_Gruntled

Thank you, @hairbag1 !

I’m sure that @LurganIeUk would be aghast at the notion that s/he had used the term bafflegab, so I’ll take rightful credit and your kind appreciation where it’s due 🙂

@hairbag1wrote:

Re: The Bagfflegab of 30 day Billing

@LurganIeUk...

you should get extra bonus bravo's just for use of that word Bafflegab

Dis_Gruntled

You may have noticed that I was talking about data usage, not paying bills.

I am advocating for people other than myself. That’s a thing.

Every self-respecting office drone has excel. That’s not the issue. Most smart phone users aren’t office drones, and if they’re even remotely attuned to life beyond a screen, would rather drive a wooden stake through it than have a spreadsheet app on their phone.

The admirably resourceful among us (I’m talking about you, @Anonymous https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/SCHEDULED-Plan-Change-Failing-on-Website/td-p/679111#) have found workarounds for providers’ tone-deaf practice of usage cycles having nothing do do with months.

You know, something user-friendly.

The reality for most humans subjected to The Thirty Day Borg is that they leave expensive gigs unused on the table, or they run out of data before an inconsistent, immemorable, let’s-dance-around-the-calendar renewal date.

@Dis_Gruntled wrote:

@LurganIeUkI take your point, but I'm not going to run Excel on my phone to make up for a pig-headed process on the provider's part.

Every phone I’ve used has a setting for the Bill Cycle, so that one can set that the payment term starts on a given day of the month, and ends on the numerical day before of the next month.

Customers shouldn’t need to bend over backwards to conform to an asinine technical kludge.

Public Mobile needs to get out of some accountant’s dream and into the real world in which devices track data usage over a month.

@LurganIeUk said:

Get over it...it is not a big deal!!!!. If you can't figure out the calculation or have access to excel your next payment always shows in your My Account. Or secondly run a calendar reminder on a device that reminds you every 30 days. Or pay one month ahead of time and then pay every month on the day or your choice. 

Dis_Gruntled

@LurganIeUk

Naaaah, “disgruntled” is the default state for this persona.

@LurganIeUk...

you should get extra bonus bravo's just for use of that word Bafflegab

@Dis_Gruntled wrote:

@LurganIeUkI take your point, but I'm not going to run Excel on my phone to make up for a pig-headed process on the provider's part.

Every phone I’ve used has a setting for the Bill Cycle, so that one can set that the payment term starts on a given day of the month, and ends on the numerical day before of the next month.

Customers shouldn’t need to bend over backwards to conform to an asinine technical kludge.

Public Mobile needs to get out of some accountant’s dream and into the real world in which devices track data usage over a month.

Get over it...it is not a big deal!!!!. If you can't figure out the calculation or have access to excel your next payment always shows in your My Account. Or secondly run a calendar reminder on a device that reminds you every 30 days. Or pay one month ahead of time and then pay every month on the day or your choice. 

Just saying.... @Dis_Gruntled  I would consider changing your name. Unless you ARE disgruntled all the time of course don't change it. 

Dis_Gruntled

Thanks all for your interest in this thread - I hope others have a smooth sailing as I eventually have.

As of 21:30 h ET today April 21 (the first day of my new bill cycle), my plan is displayed at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ as the new $50/10GB plan plus my 500MB bonus.

Thanks to all at @CS_Agent who shepherded this through 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dis_Gruntled : Public Mobile is not alone. There's an app for Android that _does_ allow 30 day terms called Data Witness PM. Most phones that I know of come only monthly.

Dis_Gruntled

@Anonymous yeah the plan details don't change right away until the account is back to active status which is sometime in the morning 8-10am PT. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I'm buying into the waiting. Isn't it 6am ET that the payment is made? Although 611 says 2am. Then noon ET it tells you all is done.

I'm feelin' for ya there Dis_Gruntled with the apropos username. I don't suppose you took a screenshot of your scheduled change? Why would one of course.

Could you also check in your Plan Details (which is also where the scheduled change would have shown). Or your usage chart? (not details)

But sure...wait until noon ET and see.

@Dis_Gruntled wrote:

Thanks, @gpixel .

I would never have imagined that there was such a thing as renewal by degrees.

It’s just another quirk of Public Mobile, like the renewal date that wiggles around the calendar, because most months do not have 30 days.

Every 30 days...is every 30 days.  It is constant. Make an excel program or build a calendar entry reminder for every 30 days and you will see when to expect your next payment. If you want to make an issue of it, you might say you are ripped off for 5 days every year as you pay 12 times a year for 360 days of service not 365. But with the prices and freebies that should not be a concern. 

Dis_Gruntled

@gpixelThis makes sense, especially if we are to take the system’s confirmation that changes are registered and accepted, with a grain —no, a whole shaker— of salt.

@Dis_Gruntled 

yes, the more you learn about this service the more you'll learn you have to take steps to ensure reliable service. one thing I always tell people here is to not leave things till the last minute. always give yourself time to make changes on the account. give yourself at least a week or more

Dis_Gruntled

Thanks, @gpixel .

I would never have imagined that there was such a thing as renewal by degrees.

It’s just another quirk of Public Mobile, like the renewal date that wiggles around the calendar, because most months do not have 30 days.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dis_Gruntled wait till the account fully renews. give it till noon. if it still says 8.5gb speak to mods

Need Help? Let's chat.