cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVE EVEN MORE Plan for Freedom Mobile customers .

atenglish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just wanted to ask someone a question about the SAVE EVEN MORE plan for $50.

This is the current save more plan

• 100GB Bonus over 24 months
  • Limited time offer for Freedom Mobile customers
  • 8 GB + 4.5 GB Bonus  Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

With Freedome mobile you get 11GB LTE while you are in your "Home area" and the speed is only 3G speed. You can never go over the data with freedom as they will throlt it down. DO they do this with public?

The questions is, currently with Freedom Mobile "Away networks" (That includes away networks in Canada and away networks in the states), I get 1000 mins and 1G of LTE data. This means when I am in the states, I don't get charge roaming fees and I can use the 1000 mins and 1G of LTE Data no problem. Does the Public mobile plan allow me to use the Unlimited Talk minutes while I am in the States to call back to canada or call someone in the states? Also am I able to use the 12.5G of data in the states as well? Any help on this would be appreciated and if this the case I would switch over in a heart beat.

Looking forward to hearing from someone

Healthy Regards

atenglish

3 REPLIES 3

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unlike Freedom, Public Mobile doesn't have home networks. For Canada wide plans Canada is Your home network. That means traveling across Canada you still get to use your plans data no matter where in the country you are. $20 Will get you unlimited talk and text with 250mb data to talk text and surf while in US. Calling to Canada is included. Please note that these plans for roaming last 10 days . That's cheaper then most carrier's $7 a day. 10 days with most carrier's who charge $7 a day is $70. That's a $50 saving it in US for 10 days. Also just 4 days on PM in the US is already cheaper then 4 days with most other carriers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

In order for you to use your phone whilst in USA, you'll need to purchase a Public Mobile Add-on. There are a couple of options for your consideration depending on your requirement, but the talk / text packages are pretty inexpensive. Have a look through the Add-ons for all the deets. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atenglish wrote:

I just wanted to ask someone a question about the SAVE EVEN MORE plan for $50.

This is the current save more plan

• 100GB Bonus over 24 months
  • Limited time offer for Freedom Mobile customers
  • 8 GB + 4.5 GB Bonus  Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

With Freedome mobile you get 11GB LTE while you are in your "Home area" and the speed is only 3G speed. You can never go over the data with freedom as they will throlt it down. DO they do this with public?

The questions is, currently with Freedom Mobile "Away networks" (That includes away networks in Canada and away networks in the states), I get 1000 mins and 1G of LTE data. This means when I am in the states, I don't get charge roaming fees and I can use the 1000 mins and 1G of LTE Data no problem. Does the Public mobile plan allow me to use the Unlimited Talk minutes while I am in the States to call back to canada or call someone in the states? Also am I able to use the 12.5G of data in the states as well? Any help on this would be appreciated and if this the case I would switch over in a heart beat.

Looking forward to hearing from someone

Healthy Regards

atenglish

1. Public Mobile is prepay. If you don't pay you don't get. So no. No throttling down. It'll just stop. The plan lets you call to the states.

2. You need roaming add-ons to use your phone/number in the states.

Need Help? Let's chat.