cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Screenshot_20180306-154828.png

Wonder_why

@hardywang you can go to Koodo store,PROMO for today only,I call Koodo reps and there gave me 😄Screenshot_20180306-154813.png

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MariaLorangerwrote:

@Watoko

Very true!

However, they goofed with the Fall 2016 offer - as you know probably, we have this assurance in lack on white. I think this is why they are so desperate to move everybody to Koodo.

They hope that by the time they'll try to increase the price of this deal again there will be too few people left to complain as to matter. 

Precisely their tactic.

MariaLoranger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Watoko

Very true!

However, they goofed with the Fall 2016 offer - as you know probably, we have this assurance in lack on white. I think this is why they are so desperate to move everybody to Koodo.

They hope that by the time they'll try to increase the price of this deal again there will be too few people left to complain as to matter. 

Watoko

@kav2001ccompletely agree with what you say. The only reason why they backed off from the recent price increase was because there was overwhelming outcry, not because they are honouring their unofficial post on PM forums. We have no contract and Telus has all the power to increase prices at any time - they just won't be so generous next time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c hey you didn't tag me??!!  Heheh.  Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.  As soon as I saw the email notification of your reply above, I got a referral code from my uncle, and my order was submitted about 15 mins ago. Very cool.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@hardywang there is NO guaranteed price protection on Public either

People point to an old post on the message boards but the problem is that post directly contradicts what you agreed to when you activated the Public SIM (your terms of service which the CCTS says takes precedence)

And for theories sake, even *if* you think you actually have a case and they change your Public plan anyways then what? Two years in court + Five years of appeals? Really?

You will lose so take whichever deal works best for you today

And for many Public is a better choice

Watoko

@MariaLorangerwrote:

while my plan came with a guarantee of keeping that same price an for as long as I stay with this plan.

It seems that you may not need the extra data, so it might make financial sense for you to stay put, however do not be naive and think that your plan will remain the same indefinitely. No plans are guaranteed for life. Both PMs plans and Koodo's plans are equally likely to face price increases. It is just a matter of what fits your needs.

hardywang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MariaLorangerwrote:

This is why:

- 6 GB / month is nice, but  never managed to use it all the GB my current plan gives me (12 GB per 3 monts.

- Canada-wide minutes are nice, but I rarely call outside the province and my dial-around service + FB, Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc. are just fine for me.

- the real issue is that if I switch to Koodo they can increase the price anytime - and they are eager to do so, as we have just seen - while my plan came with a guarantee of keeping that same price an for as long as I stay with this plan.

Am I missing something? Are there any other reasons for which I should consider moving to Koodo?

This is also the concern for me, many GB data sounds very good but I don't need that much. As long as PM can keep the price it also looks a very good option.

@hardywang a few people tried online and it seems to block them

Try it

Worst that can happen is it says code not valid

@John5p in hindsight Cat LOL

Just a tad wrong since people have shown screenshots of the $40/5GB + 1GB Bonus now eh

@John5pwrote:

Edit: @kav2001c I actually work in the telecom industry (not koodo but one of its competitors), so I'm aware of the 1gb bonus and the fact that it cannot be applied to all plans. There are restrictions (only for current in-market plans with at least 3gb of data). Although The $40/5gb meets this criteria, it is not eligible for the bonus 1gb because it's not an in-market plan. It's a plan exclusive to PM customers wishing to port to koodo. Again, this bonus GB only applies to the current in-market offerings.  Unless $40/6gb is offered by all three carriers, the bonus GB will never apply. This is because competition in the telecommuication industry is highly regulated in Canada. Every carrier offering the 1gb will have the same plan restrictions as its competitors. This is to limit competition and avoid price wars

hardywang

@kav2001cwrote:

Depends on store

Some will let it slide

Others will deny you

@hardywangwrote:

What will happen if I use this promo code but I am not on the PM plan the code is targeting?

What about I do it online then?

Depends on store

Some will let it slide

Others will deny you

@hardywangwrote:

What will happen if I use this promo code but I am not on the PM plan the code is targeting?

hardywang

@kav2001cwrote:

@Rockdaddy22 @torontokris @John5p @Wonder_why @Jonavin @PhoneSeeker @ShawnC13 

IT'S BACK

Round 5 is out for all the doubters & h8ers out there

The infamous $40 for 6GB with $100 bill credits

Code changed though; now use GOKOODO406GB

Expires March 15th 

midnight43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got the text for the $40 for 6GB plan like many of you. So in short, the plan comes with a $100 credit, but from what I was told, we are also able to get an additional $100 referral bonus credit if we activate online. 

Could someone please give me a quick run-down on how I would go about receiving the referral credit? Also if you have a referral link please PM me it! 

MariaLoranger

I have just receved the 6GB offer. Once again, I wonder if I should switch to Koodo as PM so desperately wants or if I should stay put. 

And once again, I think I'll just keep my current plan (PM Fall 2016 offer).

This is why:

- 6 GB / month is nice, but  never managed to use it all the GB my current plan gives me (12 GB per 3 monts.

- Canada-wide minutes are nice, but I rarely call outside the province and my dial-around service + FB, Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc. are just fine for me.

- the real issue is that if I switch to Koodo they can increase the price anytime - and they are eager to do so, as we have just seen - while my plan came with a guarantee of keeping that same price an for as long as I stay with this plan.

Am I missing something? Are there any other reasons for which I should consider moving to Koodo?

Watoko

Yeah, I saw it, I didn't think you would be lying for such a bold claim and since you've been a part of the community for so long, but I suppose people want evidence which you can't get with leaks sometimes.

It was actually there the first time @Watoko

Just certain posters were butthurt since they could not get that plan

Wonder_why

@kav2001cwrote:

IT'S BACK

Expires March 15th 

Wow ! Fawk ! I sign up for $40/5GB already 😉🤔

Watoko

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!!

Looks like @kav2001c called it to all the skepticists. Good job @kav2001c on the insider info! I'll personally be making this switch. See you guys later!

Wonder_why

@kav2001cwrote:

IT'S BACK

Expires March 15th 

Wow ! Fawk ! I sign up for $40/5GB already 😉🤔

IT'S BACK

Expires March 15th 

Rockdaddy22

@torontokriswrote:

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

I think we’re done with that now. 

Well @kav2001c keeps mentioning my name. Look two posts up.

I guess anybody can create fake threads with false plans on this Forum and have Oracles stick up for them because as @Rockdaddy22 says "hes a long time user here"

But your right we are done... its fake news. If we are done then lock the thread. Thanks

I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt for a day or 2 that’s it, it didn’t hurt to wait and see, so just relax yourself. 

Wonder_why

Keep it open, round 6 could happen 😄

torontokris

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

Well @kav2001c keeps mentioning my name. Look two posts up.

I guess anybody can create fake threads with false plans on this Forum and have Oracles stick up for them because as @Rockdaddy22 says "hes a long time user here"

But your right we are done... its fake news. If we are done then lock the thread. Thanks

Rockdaddy22

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

@John5p quoting all 3 plans since many responses said they never existed

Heck look back at the old Round 2 thread you can see many people claiming 5GB never existed and asking if I was just being hopeful Cat Tongue

Even TorontoKris said no such thing as the $60 plan (look back) until someone posted they called in and changed to the plan (some sort of flash sale)

@kav2001c Actually I said no such thing as the $40/6GB plan! And for 17+ pages I've been asking you for proof, none provided. 

There are lots of $60 plans, there was a $60/10GB plan back in December with the big-3. What I want proof of is the $40/6GB plan you touted as Round 4 and the reason to start this thread. 

@John5p quoting all 3 plans since many responses said they never existed

Heck look back at the old Round 2 thread you can see many people claiming 5GB never existed and asking if I was just being hopeful Cat Tongue

Even TorontoKris said no such thing as the $60 plan (look back) until someone posted they called in and changed to the plan (some sort of flash sale)

As I said, all 3 exist, and all 3 were being given out

The confusion I think is because noone seems to know what other is offering (eg 2 people walk into store on identical plans, 1 walks out with 4GB & 1 walks out with 5GB)

torontokris

@John5pwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@John5p oh no I just used the link since other poster was begging for something online

It certainly proves there was a 1GB promo offer...

Oh and also; if this Public-Koodo offer never existed, I would ask anyone then WHY did Chatr-Fido price match it?

Chatr sent out emails to clients for $60 6GB plans with 24 months -$20 bill credits (eo6GB)

We all know the 3 carriers march in formation

What I don't get is you keep quoting the $60/6gb plan which no one disagrees with you about. We get that the big 3 subsidiaries (koodo, virgin mobile, and fido) all offer the $60/6gb. Ok. That's great, but that's still the $60/6gb plan. Just stop making up this $40/6gb koodo plan which you have no proof of. This meme has to die. There is no round 4 or 5 or 6. Just stop. We would believe you if you showed us actual proof rather than some baseless conjecture. 

Edit: @kav2001c I actually work in the telecom industry (not koodo but one of its competitors), so I'm aware of the 1gb bonus and the fact that it cannot be applied to all plans. There are restrictions (only for current in-market plans with at least 3gb of data). Although The $40/5gb meets this criteria, it is not eligible for the bonus 1gb because it's not an in-market plan. It's a plan exclusive to PM customers wishing to port to koodo. Again, this bonus GB only applies to the current in-market offerings. rs

@John5p Bravo sir... We'll said. My point exactly!!!! 

John5p

@kav2001cwrote:

@John5p oh no I just used the link since other poster was begging for something online

It certainly proves there was a 1GB promo offer...

Oh and also; if this Public-Koodo offer never existed, I would ask anyone then WHY did Chatr-Fido price match it?

Chatr sent out emails to clients for $60 6GB plans with 24 months -$20 bill credits (eg $40 for 6GB)

We all know the 3 carriers march in formation

What I don't get is you keep quoting the $60/6gb plan which no one disagrees with you about. We get that the big 3 subsidiaries (koodo, virgin mobile, and fido) all offer the $60/6gb. So you mention chatr offers $20 bill credits for 24 months making it $40/6gb.... Ok. That's great, but that's still the $60/6gb plan. Just stop making up this $40/6gb koodo plan which you have no proof of. This meme has to die. There is no round 4 or 5 or 6. Just stop. We would believe you if you showed us actual proof rather than some baseless conjecture. 

Edit: @kav2001c I actually work in the telecom industry (not koodo but one of its competitors), so I'm aware of the 1gb bonus and the fact that it cannot be applied to all plans. There are restrictions (only for current in-market plans with at least 3gb of data). Although The $40/5gb meets this criteria, it is not eligible for the bonus 1gb because it's not an in-market plan. It's a plan exclusive to PM customers wishing to port to koodo. Again, this bonus GB only applies to the current in-market offerings. The byop $60/6GB plan breakdown is like this: $5/2gb and a bonus 1gb (this makes two add-ons tacked on the $55/3gb plan). The $60/6gb plan you quote is offered by all the big 3 carriers from its subsidiaries (fido, koodo, virgin mobile). Unless $40/6gb is offered by all three carriers, the bonus GB will never apply. This is because competition in the telecommuication industry is highly regulated in Canada. Every carrier offering the 1gb will have the same plan restrictions as its competitors. This is to limit competition and avoid price wars

Need Help? Let's chat.