cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Round 3 Has Begun!

@Michael77wrote:

@will13amwrote:

I am being totally ignored.  I got round 1, wish I had round 2, round 3 can be had by just going to Bestbuy, WoW, etc.  Other carriers also have an offer identical to round 3.

@will13am,

Which carriers have round 3? Is it in Ontario? How does somebody get the deal? Thanks.

@Michael77 is PM texting to peeps to moved Koodo, only for PM user 

Oracle

@Garrywrote:

UPDATE:

I was able to contact Koodo CSR by phone and have them port my PM line to the Koodo SIM card I purchased last weekend.(at a Koodo kiosk) 

They opened a new line on my current account and applied the 5GB(permanent confirmed)/$40 plan. They then ported over my PM line to it, and confirmed details online with me while conversing.

They then asked if there was anything else they could do, and I asked nicely for a credit regarding the sim card I purchased, and they gave me a credit of $15 off my current bill, but could not credit the tax. (Which is more than ok with me)

She then made me aware that I would also be receiving a $100 bill credit for switching over.

It couldn't have gone any better!!!!.............YAHOO!!!

Anyways........ I am confirming this change is very possible via phone, but it is obviously very YMMV.  

Thanks for the good times Public Mobile. 

Best of luck to all of you.

Garry.

@Garry, are you able to find any details on the medium tab.  The latest migration offer apparently includes a medium tab, but there's a February 28 deadline.  What happens after the deadline?  No more tab again?  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No specifics available from what I've seen in my agreement or account.

I do have the ability to use M-tab right now if I wish, and see no reason for that to change on Feb 28.

From looking further......the Feb 28th deadline is just the additional  savings expiring on Essential phone purchase for current customers. It has nothing to do with our plans.

Oracle

hey quick question @will13am  i understand how tabs work 

phone costs $240 on tab you pay $10 a month 

phone costs $360 on tab you pay $15 a month

I dont understand the tab medium and why that seems so important???

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screenshot_2018-02-24-22-04-19.png

Here is the Feb 28th details. What I see is that someone misinterpreted the details as usual and spread fear on RFD.

Oracle

@mimmowrote:

hey quick question @will13am  i understand how tabs work 

phone costs $240 on tab you pay $10 a month 

phone costs $360 on tab you pay $15 a month

I dont understand the tab medium and why that seems so important???

Generally speaking, the size of the tab, small, medium, large just means how much additional mortgage is placed into the monthly bill.  For small tab it is $10, $15 for medium and so on.  Often, the phone offers require a minimum size tab.  That means, if you have a small tab, you might not qualify.  The medium tab is like a sweet spot for qualifying for hardware deals.

Oracle

@Garrywrote:

Screenshot_2018-02-24-22-04-19.png

Here is the Feb 28th details. What I see is that someone misinterpreted the details as usual and spread fear on RFD.

@Garry, I am totally aware of this.  What is hard to interpret is the February 28.  What happens the day after, is the tab option gone for this plan?  Does it revert to BYOD?  When you click on the conditions link, what you are they?  I did examine the original plan in detail as I have access to it online.  It was a modified prairie plan which means medium tab should always be available based on plan price.  For those of us in AB, BC, ON, the medium tab starts at $40.  Does the expiry mean that we revert to regional requirements for establishing tab size?  If so, those in the these 3 provinces will only get a small tab.  Another interpretation is that this 5 gig offer is over at the end of the month. 

Do me a favor, please provide a screen cap of the conditions and the nitty gritty at the bottom of the web page.  Thanks.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The size is the Tab is also related to some phones and some plans.  There's a variety of options at each tier, but if you want a higher-tier phone/plan then you have to select a higher-tier (bigger) Tab, no?

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo for extra credit

Eg on medium Tab Koodo offers it's subscribers a bonus credit of $75

Not a huge diff but phone is cheaper overall

Plus factor in subsided a larger amount so less out of pocket up front

But the real holy Grail is Tab Large. They usually save around an extra $200 off phone (normally exclude iPhone for some reason)

Oracle

so basically we are allowed on tab medium instead of being limited on tab small (becasue of the monthly price point).

since my trackrecord of droped phones and broken screens etc is pretty impressive,  for me this is personally  not a big deal as i tend to buy used phones and I dont think i ever will buy a phone for more than $200.