Mayor / Maire

Re: Round 3 Has Begun!

@Garry if you received Offer 1 you can redeem Offer 2

Just use the other code

Mayor / Maire

@Michael77 they are all so called migration offers

Public to Koodo

And the other carriers purple prepaid lines to the yellow postpaid lines (woof)

Mayor / Maire

@guinness22 so far yes anyone can redeem

Everyone who has tried has been successful

BUT apparently the new code if you are ineligible needs to be redeem in store

Online only shows old 4GB option

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001cwrote:

@Garry if you received Offer 1 you can redeem Offer 2

Just use the other code

Thanks,

I just tried online............still no dice!

The round 1 code unlocks the original offer The Round 2 code gets accepted, but does not display any "promo" offer".

I guess I'll try the local TMS tomorrow. It's only 30 minutes away vs Koodo kiosk at 60 minutes away. 

I'll keep any eye on things here and RFD for any updates.

Mayor / Maire

@Garry oh yeah I had responded to other poster above

Yes needs redeem in store

@kav2001cwrote:

@Garry oh yeah I had responded to other poster above

Yes needs redeem in store

I'm on the line with Koodo CSR right now. Cross your fingers!........I'll let you know.

ps.......It's nice to have a live agent to speak with!!! 

UPDATE:

I was able to contact Koodo CSR by phone and have them port my PM line to the Koodo SIM card I purchased last weekend.(at a Koodo kiosk) 

They opened a new line on my current account and applied the 5GB(permanent confirmed)/$40 plan. They then ported over my PM line to it, and confirmed details online with me while conversing.

They then asked if there was anything else they could do, and I asked nicely for a credit regarding the sim card I purchased, and they gave me a credit of $15 off my current bill, but could not credit the tax. (Which is more than ok with me)

She then made me aware that I would also be receiving a $100 bill credit for switching over.

It couldn't have gone any better!!!!.............YAHOO!!!

Anyways........ I am confirming this change is very possible via phone, but it is obviously very YMMV.  

Thanks for the good times Public Mobile. 

Best of luck to all of you.

Garry.

I played around with these numbers and there's very little reason for me to switch to "round 1" or "round 2" and zero reason for me to take the "round 3" offer.

The original $40/4GB Koodo plan is a fine plan compare to other postpaid offers that are currently being made to existing and potential customers.  But it would not save me any money.

Right now, I always receive a $4 or $6 community reward each month so that means my Public Mobile plan is always $33 (or less) per 30 days.

This Koodo plan on BYOP would just make no sense for me.  The difference of about $7/month would come out to $168 additional over 24 months just to gain Canada-wide calling.

Things do get a little better if using the Koodo small tab.  I was fiddling with the online Koodo phone and plan ordering store, and if I take the LG Q6 with a small tab, that brings the plan price+tab fee up to $50/month.  The phone would be $0 up front and has a regular retail price of $410.  That $50 monthly price is $17 more than the $33 I pay now, so that means the true cost of the phone is about $408 (it's actually slightly more because Public loyalty rewards increase after another year), except that I don't have to pay now.  That is almost no difference than if I just purchased the phone outright and stayed at Public.   To me, doing this would just be same as purchasing a phone that I don't necessarily want just to maximize on te value of switching to Koodo.  The difference in price between Koodo and Public would be even larger for those with a bunch of referal rewards on the Public account.

Sure, Koodo will probably give you $100 visa gift card if you order online, but all this switching around and going on postpaid (which I don't consider to be of any advantage) just for that?  In my opinion, it's simply a matter of if the Canada-wide element and the extra 1GB (from the round 2 plan offer) is worth the extra cost to you.

5GB code doesn't work for me. 

Guess I'll wait for Round 4.  5GB plus Call Forwarding?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

@Michael77 they are all so called migration offers

Public to Koodo

And the other carriers purple prepaid lines to the yellow postpaid lines (woof)

@kav2001c,

Thanks. LOL Smiley Happy