Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Round 3 Has Begun!

@Garrywrote:

"D'a'm'n" (above) is now a swear word? What the ****

I edited this post, please watch your language @Garry

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can anyone get the 5 GB plan if u know the code .

Mayor / Maire

Let’s try and report back. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try validating the code online with your phone number, you'll know if you're eligible for the deal or not.

Oracle

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am the other carriers have an even better offer imo

Free smartphone (basic one of course) plus they give you a $20 bill credit every month (up to $480 credit) so long as you stay on the promo plan

That means for lower GB users cheaper than anything on Telus, Koodo or Public

@will13amwrote:

I am being totally ignored.  I got round 1, wish I had round 2, round 3 can be had by just going to Bestbuy, WoW, etc.  Other carriers also have an offer identical to round 3.

Why is offering 4 gigs for less than $40 even if for 2 years?  Nobody.  

Will PM offer LTE in 6 months or just 3G. No people on the 3g plans get text asking them to go Koodo .Might they cancel LTE and if you not grab these current Koodo deals .u stuck in 3G. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clefort88wrote:

As much as they may try, myself, like many others I'm sure, simply have no desire to be trapped with a carrier again; to have to worry about prices, despite their "promise" of never receiving unexpected charges. I spent my entire mobile life so far attached to the worst carriers and bills, PM was such a save for me, both my peace of mind and my wallet. 

It's a prepaid service, that gives me back what I put into it - end of. 

Unless these other companies could give me everything I have for exactly $23 a month, there's no way I'd switch PM. And even then, I'd be hardpressed to, for the sheer fact there's no extra bullcrap involved with call centres, and taking on the good fight when you know you've sniffed said bullcrap out from under them. 

This is all true enough and a valid perspective.  I do agree with it fully, wholeheartedly, we are alike in defending this opinion.

But it's not entirely one-sided.  Prepaid can never overcharge or postcharge, you might still get ripped off and "lose" all the money you paid into it, but no more - but it still has downsides.  Customer service is always motivated to exploit (or create) every opportunity to upsell more services (and costs) to customer bills - but they're also there to provide realtime face-to-face support, they can "fix" things and move you out the door promptly.  PM's "DIY" self-serve model is empowering (and saves money) but it extends simple conversations into long-term rounds of online messages/emails which can leave you with no working phone for hours or days.  I vastly prefer it over dealing with "salespersons" but my preferences are not for everyone, PM is awesome but also not for everyone.  And, it turns out, from time to time PM breaks promises or competitors offer even better deals - PM is great but PM is not perfect and is not victorious in every battle for the customer's wallet.

Post paid is risky u never no what bill will be . And if someone hack your phone number u could have long distance .calls to China on your bill and not no it till u get  a 7000 dollars billike on global tv last month in Toronto. Pre pay is safe 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13amwrote:

I am being totally ignored.  I got round 1, wish I had round 2, round 3 can be had by just going to Bestbuy, WoW, etc.  Other carriers also have an offer identical to round 3.

@will13am,

Which carriers have round 3? Is it in Ontario? How does somebody get the deal? Thanks.

Mayor / Maire

@will13amwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am the other carriers have an even better offer imo

Free smartphone (basic one of course) plus they give you a $20 bill credit every month (up to $480 credit) so long as you stay on the promo plan

That means for lower GB users cheaper than anything on Telus, Koodo or Public

@will13amwrote:

Why is offering 4 gigs for less than $40 even if for 2 years?  Nobody.  

You two have lost me in the discussion