cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

Interesting.... another round is upon us

Despite already using my number for validation now the Mobile Shop is leaving me messages about "great deals"

My guess is another offer for $40 / 6GB but will post during the week after I talk to them

I like the ability of all the Apple products talking to each other and 'just working' together.  But I can't afford to be int hat ecosystem.  If they opened up iMessage and Facetime to the rest of the world, I'd gladly use them on my Android phone.  Still think it's time we return to interconnecting systems that work together, rather than walled systems.

Heck, even the CBC hasn't updated their iPad/iPhone apps for both AppleTV and Chromecast.  A couple of them I want to cast, but as I've given away my 3rd Gen AppleTV paperweight, I no longer have an AirPlay device to receive the video/audio.  

I guess I could say the same about the CBC on Android, however, I think it's less likely for an Android use wanting to cast to AirPlay, than an iOS user wanting to cast to Chromecast.

Good thing I don't have an Echo yet... but I did just activate a free Amazon Prime membership today for a month.

iPhones are useless to me.  Still trying to figure out if I will replace my iPadAir with another tablet from Apple or not.  My macbookAir will be replaced by a Chromebook I'm sure.

@stonechucker

Wanna see insane?

Check out the new iPhone XS plan pricing! Cat Surprised

I have seen cars with lower monthly payments Cat Tongue

I looked at a red company 1 GB data, Canada wide calling (some limits) and international texting plan the other night.

In Ontario, the monthly price was $91 for BYOP.

Can't imagine someone would sign up for that.  That's insane!

@kav2001cYeah, well the US is the worst example. So Let's change that and say that I wonly want something similar to Australia (other Canada) or Europe XD

@
Spoiler

@kav2001c wrote:

Do you remember a few years ago we all had plans with 150 minutes?

A  better solution is keep status quoe, but get rid of the insane overages the carriers are charging

@

With unlimited data, customer are/would just complain about the "FU" policy, the speed that is delivered at, or devices restruictions (remember unlimited "browsing" that could be used for tethering on the right devices, ie. Symbian?).

@I remember when I used to consider 3Mbps as fast, but 1Mbps was more common (cough, cough @@@ rogers back when I found data even Mobilicity data usually worked better).

As for the overage, I don't think any customers would consider $100/GB to be even remotely reasonable.  Freedom is quick to trash that pricing policy, but I can't help but think that if their netwok was better, they'd do the same thing if they thought they could get customers to pay it.

I debate whether it is worthwhile

Maybe once 5G comes but now?

LTE just is not fast enough to really make unlimited worthwhile

Do you remember a few years ago we all had plans with 150 minutes?

Everyone cried they wanted unlimited talk

So carrier gave it to us

Now most people never make a call or answer the phone lol

Same thing with TXT, once upon a time we had plans for 250, 500, 1000 TXT

Also many of the US carriers have crap networks (better than Freedom, far worse than Public) and worse many load ADS onto phones (as if bloatware was not bad enough!)

Many US carriers BLOCK HD videos (unless you pay extra) and also BLOCK tethering/hotspoting (unless you pay extra)

Oh and in the US they won't unlock your phone (and worse, it violated the DMCA if you tried to unlock it yourself)

Since the carriers are offering 8, 10, and 15GB plans now for reasonable prices, do you really *need* unlimited?

A better solution is keep status quoe, but get rid of the insane overages the carriers are charging

@zhadj030 wrote:

I am truely hopefull that we are moving towards the unlimited internet like like in the south or in Europe

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhadj030 wrote:

I am truely hopefull that we are moving towards the unlimited internet like like in the south or in Europe

@zhadj030 hopeful is good--just don't hold your breath while you're waiting.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@Shapla001Koodo subscribers

But many have migrated over already and for those of you not yet on a Tab...

@Shapla001 wrote:

Did Koodo users receive it? or PM customers? I think it's for existing Koodo customers

This is a migration offer for select public mobile customers not for existing Koodo customers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did Koodo users receive it? or PM customers? I think it's for existing Koodo customers

srlawren

@kav2001c well technically that is different since that's for an existing Koodo subscriber rather than a PM->Koodo migration.  But still, very impressive!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

So is 6GB not enough for you?

How about *15GB*!

15GB.jpg

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

BTW if you activate in store they even throw in an extra 1000 international long distance minutes for you! Cat Very Happy

@kav2001c ...at the cost of a $30 activation fee which is waived if you activate online.  So, if you call internationally a lot, eat the $30 and activate in stores; otherwise, eat the minutes and activate online 🙂

Great deal, thanks for sharing!

Unknown... it shows up as a bill credit tho

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@srlawrencurrently they are waiving the $30 in store as well just fyi

@kav2001c oh?  first I've heard of that.  Just for PM converts, or for anyone?

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

@kav2001c oh?  first I've heard of that.  Just for PM converts, or for anyone?

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

BTW if you activate in store they even throw in an extra 1000 international long distance minutes for you! Cat Very Happy

@kav2001c ...at the cost of a $30 activation fee which is waived if you activate online.  So, if you call internationally a lot, eat the $30 and activate in stores; otherwise, eat the minutes and activate online 🙂

You can text “offer” to shortcode 5129 or 5130.  If you get a reply with the offer, you’re eligible.

No response, you’re not.

PM9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone tell me if people on a $45 2GB LTE plan are eligible for this offer or if it’s just people on promotional 3G plans? Also what is the easiest way to verify if your number is eligible?

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

Round 10 Part 2

Offer for the 8GB / 5GB has been extended

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bradp36 wrote:

I would love to know how they determine which customer are eligible for this offer. Been with PM for 2+ years, am on the Fall 2016 promo and have never once received a text with a Koodo switch offer. I tried to see if I could claim this latest one just for the heck of it but it says my number isn't valid. 

@bradp36 may be someone used your PM number, through generate APP, sorry to let you know 

bradp36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would love to know how they determine which customer are eligible for this offer. Been with PM for 2+ years, am on the Fall 2016 promo and have never once received a text with a Koodo switch offer. I tried to see if I could claim this latest one just for the heck of it but it says my number isn't valid. 

Wonder_why

@zhadj030 wrote:

@kav2001c I believe we have a round 10.

Attach5828_20180824_141316.jpg

I just switch to PM for round 10 😁 I didn't expect so fast round 10 🙂 😀 how to get this deal ? I am more after $50/10GB 😆 😀 

Lol beat me too it cause I had phone switched off

Yup R10 for those who held out is a go

@zhadj030 wrote:

Wonder_why

@zhadj030 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@MoreYummyyeah validation code is your Public number

Koodo usually cancels the orders now if you use same number multiple times (but some people get lucky)

@zhadj030 go for it, you might not see again this deals 😁 $45/8GB Data, Canada Wide calling and International Texting 🤗, no other providers will match it

*edit the "rounds" is a bit of a joke at someone who kept claiming the offers being posted were false based solely on his inability to get an offer

Oh wow the code is actually accepted for me, VERY TEMPTING. They are really testing my patience XD.

Thanks for the heads up @kav2001c

@kav2001c wrote:

@MoreYummyyeah validation code is your Public number

Koodo usually cancels the orders now if you use same number multiple times (but some people get lucky)

*edit the "rounds" is a bit of a joke at someone who kept claiming the offers being posted were false based solely on his inability to get an offer

Oh wow the code is actually accepted for me, VERY TEMPTING. They are really testing my patience XD.

Thanks for the heads up @kav2001c

Need Help? Let's chat.