cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bradp36wrote:

Am I the only one that hasn't received any text about switching to Koodo? Can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.

Ive been around since October '16 and have only been offered the original plan .  $40 for 4GB . 

No thanks Telus.  

None at all?

Are you on the Fall Promo?

@bradp36wrote:

Am I the only one that hasn't received any text about switching to Koodo? Can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.

bradp36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Man oh man .

What a gongshow . 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c so your now the proud owner of 6GB/$40 plan I'm guessing. Send the screenshot of your plan. 

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am

PM-SIM-0

If you do not receive any newer offer back you would not technically be eligible for another plan

The manager at Koodo was telling me they are quite specific in how lists are generated but no further info given to me either

@will13amwrote:

I did the text, got nothing that I didn't already receive.  If you have the codes please share.  I had to beg for the free SIM card.  Was hoping for a code instead.

Wait your saying if you don't receive the specific text your not eligible then saying you negotiated a 6gb/$40 plan.

@srlawren no I was offered it after trying to wheel & deal in store

I only have the 5GB plan personally

But after speaking to the reps in Best Buy & walked across mall to confirm at Koodo the deal they were discussing is actually real 

I tried to ask expiry dates and Koodo basically told me I should take it since it could dissapear anytime (I know Koodo also had a flash sale for regular clients over weekend, none of which are listed on website)

@srlawrenwrote:

@kav2001c this is all so confusing.  So, you got a text for Round 4, 6GB for $40?  I wonder why I haven't gotten that, I'm on the Fall Promo too.  Do you have the code handy?  Is it only in store or can you use it online?  

@will13am

PM-SIM-0

If you do not receive any newer offer back you would not technically be eligible for another plan

The manager at Koodo was telling me they are quite specific in how lists are generated but no further info given to me either

@will13amwrote:

I did the text, got nothing that I didn't already receive.  If you have the codes please share.  I had to beg for the free SIM card.  Was hoping for a code instead.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

5GB/month is enough for me, but if the 6GB code is real, I might try my luck calling Koodo customer service.

PhoneSeeker

@Wonder_whywrote:

@will13amwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Updated the first post but wanted to highlight what is now going around on Koodo

Oh and there is now a promo code for a $0 SIM card (since I know that was a pain point for many)

Also as an FYI 

I called Koodo to ask about these promos since there are now so many

Was put on hold while Koodo called Public (so Public DOES have a number, it is just hidden)

Public rep advised me that if you send the message OFFER to shortcode 5133 / 5153 Public Mobile will text you back with which promo is officially being offered to that subscriber 

(Doesn't mean you can't get Koodo reps to do more though if offer is not the one you are looking for)

The inmarket 9GB for $75 is pretty close to the old 10GB for $60 plan really if you are interested

@will13am if you didn't received the text messages from PM, the code is no good for you, even you try at the store, I heard some ppls got deactived after 15mins

How would a code expire 15 minutes after you receive it?

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Updated the first post but wanted to highlight what is now going around on Koodo

Oh and there is now a promo code for a $0 SIM card (since I know that was a pain point for many)

Also as an FYI 

Was put on hold while Koodo called Public (so Public DOES have a number, it is just hidden)

Public rep advised me that if you send the message OFFER to shortcode 5133 / 5153 Public Mobile will text you back with which promo is officially being offered to that subscriber 

(Doesn't mean you can't get Koodo reps to do more though if offer is not the one you are looking for)

The inmarket 9GB for $75 is pretty close to the old 10GB for $60 plan really if you are interested

Any proof of these deals? 

Wonder_why

@srlawrenwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

@kav2001c this is all so confusing.  So, you got a text for Round 4, 6GB for $40?  I wonder why I haven't gotten that, I'm on the Fall Promo too.  Do you have the code handy?  Is it only in store or can you use it online?  

@srlawren,@kav2001c neither me, I am happy able to switch my second PM line to Koodo 5GB kill 3 birds with 1 stone Cat Happy, $100 credit, $50 refferal and free sim , like Dave said

@ While all good things must come to an end at some point  ) could not refuse for 5GB offer @$40 plus bonus , that sweeten my deals Cat Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why

@will13amwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Also as an FYI 

@will13am if you didn't received the text messages from PM, the code is no good for you, even you try at the store, I heard some ppls got deactived after 15mins

canucks4life

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Also as an FYI 

Just tried OFFER/5133 and got the same Round 1 $40/4GB text back Man Frustrated

@kav2001cwrote:

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Also as an FYI 

sbreakin

I've only received the original 2 texts so far (the price increase & Koodo offer and next day 'we will not be moving ahead').

I have not received any phone calls that I am aware of and no voicemail, no missed calls but I do have a weak signal at the house. 

WHich reminds me, wasn't able to get Koodo to include call forward as we have weak signal & may miss calls (hence call forward to our landline when I am out of range in the house).

Been tempted to take the offer. Take credits up front & pay the little extra each month ($3 or $6 if I take call fwd) & opportunity to get a phone discount. 

It's too bad the new activation specials are on rather old or mid-market phones (iPhone SE & 6, Moto G+, some LG & older Samsung).  Timing would have been better during Black Friday to NYE for phone deals. 

I see the increases in data on the offers for $40 (& $45) but for those of us that don't use it all it doesn't seem like there are any offers with slightly less cost (like $35 for 4G as the autopay/ loyalty & community shave a little off the price) but I guess they are trying to move folks up the value chain & Koodo does offer some extras such as Kiosk's, calls & phone discounts. 

PS: as far as phone discount -does look like most deals are for a large tab. 

Also just as an FYI

Anyone looking at a Tab there are some great hardware promos out there now

eg Walmart is offering Koodo Tabs a $275 Gift Card on older phones (eg iPhone 6 which is $360 on Tab)

$360 - $275 = $85 + tax for a subsidized phone

Not too shabby

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Round 4:

Data insanity continues

Also as an FYI 

Rockdaddy22

Everyone I know only received the one text. 

Round 1 message only for me.  Did miss 3 calls in one day due to "do not disturb" being on, but did not get voice mail left.

Really nice to be ignored as I do not plan to change.

btqsauce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got the phone call from PM detailing the plan.  My plan just renewed and he said I could have any positive balance transferred.  Emphasis on positive.  I asked him  a second time to be sure and he repeated it.  After the phone call, I logged in to see my balance on PM and it is $0 which makes sense since it's prepaid.

Be careful you aren't  tricked into thinking you'll get any actual balance transferred to Koodo.

I'm sticking with PM for now as my $36/month is still better and I used under 6GB  total the last 3 months.

sbreakin

Say has anyone been able to get the call forwarding included for the 5G $40 plan?

Our house is in a weal zone - usually 1 bar & I use call forward (when no service) so calls can get forwarded to landline when I'm in wrong part of the house.

I know it's only $3/mo but the $40 plan is already $3/mo extra plus the community credits. - kind of lessens the impact of credits.

PhoneSeeker

@will13amwrote:

@Garrywrote:

Screenshot_2018-02-24-22-04-19.png

Here is the Feb 28th details. What I see is that someone misinterpreted the details as usual and spread fear on RFD.

@Garry, I am totally aware of this.  What is hard to interpret is the February 28.  What happens the day after, is the tab option gone for this plan?  Does it revert to BYOD?  When you click on the conditions link, what you are they?  I did examine the original plan in detail as I have access to it online.  It was a modified prairie plan which means medium tab should always be available based on plan price.  For those of us in AB, BC, ON, the medium tab starts at $40.  Does the expiry mean that we revert to regional requirements for establishing tab size?  If so, those in the these 3 provinces will only get a small tab.  Another interpretation is that this 5 gig offer is over at the end of the month. 

Do me a favor, please provide a screen cap of the conditions and the nitty gritty at the bottom of the web page.  Thanks.

@will13am, I believe that the "Applicable on Tab Medium. Expires Feb. 28" refers to the Essential phone deal. The promo for the Essential phone deal ends Feb 28., and the deal is only applicable to the medium tab. I was perusing RFD, and somebody posted the exact same screenshot a few weeks ago in one of the Essential phone threads, but they were on an entirely different plan than us PM migrants.

mimmo

so basically we are allowed on tab medium instead of being limited on tab small (becasue of the monthly price point).

since my trackrecord of droped phones and broken screens etc is pretty impressive,  for me this is personally  not a big deal as i tend to buy used phones and I dont think i ever will buy a phone for more than $200.  

@mimmo for extra credit

Eg on medium Tab Koodo offers it's subscribers a bonus credit of $75

Not a huge diff but phone is cheaper overall

Plus factor in subsided a larger amount so less out of pocket up front

But the real holy Grail is Tab Large. They usually save around an extra $200 off phone (normally exclude iPhone for some reason)

The size is the Tab is also related to some phones and some plans.  There's a variety of options at each tier, but if you want a higher-tier phone/plan then you have to select a higher-tier (bigger) Tab, no?

@Garrywrote:

Here is the Feb 28th details. What I see is that someone misinterpreted the details as usual and spread fear on RFD.

@Garry, I am totally aware of this.  What is hard to interpret is the February 28.  What happens the day after, is the tab option gone for this plan?  Does it revert to BYOD?  When you click on the conditions link, what you are they?  I did examine the original plan in detail as I have access to it online.  It was a modified prairie plan which means medium tab should always be available based on plan price.  For those of us in AB, BC, ON, the medium tab starts at $40.  Does the expiry mean that we revert to regional requirements for establishing tab size?  If so, those in the these 3 provinces will only get a small tab.  Another interpretation is that this 5 gig offer is over at the end of the month. 

Do me a favor, please provide a screen cap of the conditions and the nitty gritty at the bottom of the web page.  Thanks.

@mimmowrote:

hey quick question @will13am  i understand how tabs work 

phone costs $240 on tab you pay $10 a month 

phone costs $360 on tab you pay $15 a month

I dont understand the tab medium and why that seems so important???

Generally speaking, the size of the tab, small, medium, large just means how much additional mortgage is placed into the monthly bill.  For small tab it is $10, $15 for medium and so on.  Often, the phone offers require a minimum size tab.  That means, if you have a small tab, you might not qualify.  The medium tab is like a sweet spot for qualifying for hardware deals.

Garry

Need Help? Let's chat.