cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

Hmm Koodo has now started CHANGING the migrators plans for the worse

Most are now no longer eligible for Tab UNLESS you change your plan to an inmarket one

Many people have filed complaints to CCTS but Koodo claims the Tab is not a part of the contract and therefore not covered by the wireless code

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

no offer for me this time..  Cat Happy

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c wrote:

What the heck...first time I did not get any offers

You really want this offer LMAO Cat LOL

What the heck...first time I did not get any offers

@Wonder_why wrote:

Public Mobile to Koodo Migration begin again Heart

I don't know what ROUND should be Cat Happy

now $50 8GB Data 

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-public-mobile-koodo-deal-2271236/

@Wonder_why 

Screenshot_QKSMS_20190313-184615 - Copy.jpg

Screenshot_QKSMS_20190313-184615 - Copy.jpgScreenshot_QKSMS_20190313-184615 - Copy.jpgScreenshot_QKSMS_20190313-184615 - Copy.jpgScreenshot_QKSMS_20190313-184615 - Copy.jpg

Maybe this is why public is released a new promotion today, and are apparently working on at least one other? ("Working on" because the $15 plan apparently was only up for minutes)

370x760_smart_f3it.jpg

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile to Koodo Migration begin again Heart

I don't know what ROUND should be Cat Happy

now $50 8GB Data not good offer this time

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-public-mobile-koodo-deal-2271236/

@slash407

Its confusing for sure

But getting a $100 iPhone 8 is so worth it Cat Wink

(or a free Samsung S9 I suppose if you swing that way)

@slash407 wrote:

anyone else find koodos phone discounts system crappy as hell? so u pay 30-40 bucks for the plan and they tack on another 10 or 15 etc $ for the next 2 years for the phone.

@slash407 wrote:

anyone else find koodos phone discounts system crappy as hell? so u pay 30-40 bucks for the plan and they tack on another 10 or 15 etc $ for the next 2 years for the phone.

Crappy at regular price, but good when there are sales.  I was hesitant last night and missed out on a one day sale.  The P20 pro was going for $350 tax included, LG G7 one $257 tax included. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

Yeah, they run a tab. It's an interest-free loan for the remaining cost (other than whatever you pay up front, if anything) of the phone and you pay it back in 24 monthly installments.  This is far better than the oldy days as @RobertQc has mentioned, when it was just built right into the plan and you kept paying that full amount even after the phone was paid off.  Also, back then, they could charge you ridiculous cancellation fees if you left early, whereas now all they can do is charge you (24 - how many months in you are) x your monthly tab cost to pay off the device.  Fair, you have to pay back loans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc @Anonymous yeah I miss that about BB10, too.  You can actually side-load the BB Andorid keyboard (not officially available other than on BB Android devices, but can be side-loaded) and IIRC it operates pretty much identically to BB10.  I used SwiftKey for ages after going to Android but I don't think it had that feature either (the cursor bubble/handle thingy).  

@srlawrenReally, I really liked the blackberry keyboard when it showed you the words as you typed them right on the keyboard "Predicted" words somehow worked so much better than I have ever seen on andriod. @Anonymous probably knows about this. Also the blackberry hub was kind of cool for swiping left.

I had so much fun sending my friends completely predicted messages that sounded like they could make sense. After a while it learned and actually got pretty accurate.

pre.png

@Carld123 wrote:

General comment...nothing is free...even if your mom gives it to you...there will always be a catch...lol...

@Carld123Right.

Free means you are paying for it some other way... "included in the price"...

Just like free candy, you are paying for it with a risk of ......

maxresdefault.jpg

SEEMS LEGIT

hmmm.png

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

General comment...nothing is free...even if your mom gives it to you...there will always be a catch...lol...

@slash407 wrote:

@slash407Would you prefer they just you $90 a month with a choice of 3 or 4 "free" phone every 2 years? V220 no problem! Oh you want the V551 thats an extra $400 lol. At least you pay lower plan cost, with the option of choosing a phone and paying it off over 24 months, and for those who don't want to take the "tab" they can get a discount for bringing their own hardware. The tab also lets people really be "contract free" they can cancel at anytime and choose a fair rate for the phone they want as long as they pay off the remaining tab balance the phone is not blacklisted and the company is happy.

When I used to work for Rogers, it was difficult to explain to people, you are due now for a free phone... every 3 years... why don't you want it, its already included in the price of your plan... well I don't want it so make my plan cheaper lol. Now they do what many people complain they wanted, I think its a big improvement.

srlawren

@RobertQc @Anonymous yeah I miss that about BB10, too.  You can actually side-load the BB Andorid keyboard (not officially available other than on BB Android devices, but can be side-loaded) and IIRC it operates pretty much identically to BB10.  I used SwiftKey for ages after going to Android but I don't think it had that feature either (the cursor bubble/handle thingy).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc that's a nice deal, 18GB of full-speed data for $55!!!  Wow.... just, wow.  

Regarding keyboard:  I just have the voice button turned off in my Gboard preferences:

That said, I have no idea what those left and right buttons are or where they come from.  I've never seen those before.  What phone are you using again?  Might be something proprietary to your OEM's version of Android?

@srlawrenWait, its not gboard... When I click settings its coming up as "Andriod Keyboard Settings (AOSP)"  my mistake

Screenshot_Android_Keyboard_(AOSP)_20181212-191720.png

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous

Blackberry...a mullet..and a beer...goodtimes....👍👍👍👍👍😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

That said, I have no idea what those left and right buttons are or where they come from.  I've never seen those before.  What phone are you using again?  Might be something proprietary to your OEM's version of Android?

@srlawrenIt's one of my favorite features. (I am an idiot I am not using gboard). I thought it was gboard but its actually andriod keyboard aosp built into the OS. When using the keyboard its like a right and left arrow, so you can move the curser back and forth for accuracy (because everytime I use my finger I almost always go one or two letters in the wrong direction) The only place it pops up is when the keyboard pops up. The phone is a motorolla google nexus 6.

The only part I miss about having my blackberry z10 (lol @z10user4) was when you moved your curser around with the touchscreen this weird bubble zoom in feature would pop up to put the curser in the right place... always hated andriod had nothing similar but now... everything is so perfect.

BB OS10...I'm tellin' ya...da best! 🙂

I seem to remember that with my old LG Android 4.2 or whatever it was that there was a way to move and place the cursor. Blue block arrows or something.

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawrenIt's one of my favorite features. (I am an idiot I am not using gboard). I thought it was gboard but its actually andriod keyboard aosp built into the OS. When using the keyboard its like a right and left arrow, so you can move the curser back and forth for accuracy (because everytime I use my finger I almost always go one or two letters in the wrong direction) The only place it pops up is when the keyboard pops up. The phone is a motorolla google nexus 6.

The only part I miss about having my blackberry z10 (lol @Anonymous) was when you moved your curser around with the touchscreen this weird bubble zoom in feature would pop up to put the curser in the right place... always hated andriod had nothing similar but now... everything is so perfect.

srlawren

@RobertQc that's a nice deal, 18GB of full-speed data for $55!!!  Wow.... just, wow.  

Regarding keyboard:  I just have the voice button turned off in my Gboard preferences:

Screenshot_20181212-160409.jpg

@kav2001c wrote:

5144 text reply

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

Saw this on RFD.  Not eligible for some reason.  I don't need to spend more money for more data I won't use.  Need to be offered something cheaper with less data.  Maybe they can offer me a -$10 for 2GB less data (MINUS).  This does show that data is cheap and carriers will be offering big data buckets for small increments of money. 

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c I guess not all migrated people are eligible.  I just tried for fun and got....

@srlawrenYour andriod keyboard is missing the microphone and left / right buttons?

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for sharing it was informative.

srlawren

@kav2001c I guess not all migrated people are eligible.  I just tried for fun and got....

Screenshot_20181212-140832.jpg

5144 text reply

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

@mimmo

As near as I can tell most of the promos are compatible but from a realistic standpoint

Its only worth it if you already had migrated previously (8GB existing plan) or you want more data (the $60 / 10GB plan which is back and Tab eligible now)

Discussion on other board seems VERY YMMV

But it is confirmed in ON (and QC has an even cheaper plan!)

oh, no quote this time?  

Not many receiverd it this time.

mimmo

@kav2001cany other details on this promo?  is there a promo code?  any idea which plans are eligable? etc?

Back AGAIN

Also if you take advantage the $150 bill credits are now payable over 6 months!

Screenshot or it didn't happen Cat Wink

150credit.jpg

One other point I will make for anyone on the fence

I filed (another) CCTS complaint against Koodo today

I have more complaints against them than against Public + Chatr + Telus + Rogers + Fido + Bell COMBINED

Koodo brags about call centre but I swear they are the absolute WORST

@kav2001c that would be interesting. We will be waiting

Need Help? Let's chat.