cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

@MoreYummyyeah validation code is your Public number

Koodo usually cancels the orders now if you use same number multiple times (but some people get lucky)

*edit the "rounds" is a bit of a joke at someone who kept claiming the offers being posted were false based solely on his inability to get an offer

@MoreYummy
 Enter your promo code (JOINKOODOCRP for $45/8GB) and validation (Your Valid Public Mobile #)

It worked for my number.... tempting.... but I don't need all that data  

How does the round 9 work? 

Put your phone number as promo code?

@kav2001c wrote:

Round 9 is Official people

As near as I can tell, *ALL* Public Mobile numbers are eligible to switch now

(I have yet to see one fail validation)

$45 for 8GB

$60 for 10GB

Both available with or without Tab

Interesting... I "only" received the $40/5GB offer on Friday. (Switched to $45/5.5GB at last renewal.)

Public Mobile here. Looks like we may have sent you half a message this week. Oops! Let's try again. 5 GB of data for $40 per month on Koodo's 4G LTE network! That means speeds more than 10x* faster than your current plan. All that plus Unlimited Canada-Wide minutes & Unlimited International Text. You may also be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch to Koodo online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODO405 by August 21. Offer available for 1xxxxxxxxxx. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

Round 9 is Official people

As near as I can tell, *ALL* Public Mobile numbers are eligible to switch now

(I have yet to see one fail validation)

$45 for 8GB

$60 for 10GB

Both available with or without Tab

@Wonder_whysome people (who were not eligible for the $45/8GB plans) ARE being shown the old $60/10GB plans

Both plans are now available with or without a Tab

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c wrote:

The MB plans are now being offered to Koodo subs who left Koodo to join Public

Interesting

$45 for 8GB

JOINKOODOCRP

@kav2001c nope actually $60 for 10GB Data offer with small Tab

The MB plans are now being offered to Koodo subs who left Koodo to join Public

Interesting

$45 for 8GB

JOINKOODOCRP

well, I have not received anything in some time now.

@ShawnC13

Multiple short codes (no idea why) but each one sends different offers

The current 6GB promo is from 5130

I have (at least) 10 different codes by now (incl one number which was 5 digit not 4)

It seems strange but unless someone has any more info no idea why keeps changing

@kav2001c wrote:

@ShawnC13& @cappaj

You can text OFFER to 5132 or 5133 (can't remember) try them both  See if anything comes up for you

Mine came from 5132 or 5133

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13& @cappaj

You can text OFFER to 5132 or 5133 (can't remember) try them both  See if anything comes up for you

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

I can't remember if, when I was signing up, there was a place where I would have checked a box to say yes or no to receiving offers (and if there was, I don't remember if I would have said yes or no!). Just want to make sure I haven't unsubscribed to text offers somehow and forgot about it!

Will do, thanks!

@cappaj wrote:

I can't remember if, when I was signing up, there was a place where I would have checked a box to say yes or no to receiving offers (and if there was, I don't remember if I would have said yes or no!). Just want to make sure I haven't unsubscribed to text offers somehow and forgot about it!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cappaj

@cappaj wrote:

I want to make sure I'm subscribed to receive offers like this from Public Mobile (this one comes via text, but I'm not sure if I should make sure I'm signed up for email offers too). Is there somewhere you can manage communication preferences within My Account? 

If you are eligible for this offer or any offer for that matter you will receive a text message.  Remember these are targeted migration offers offered only to certain plans.  PM does not send out email offers.

Jonavin

The $50 referal credit would cover any balance remaining except if you had add-on minutes.

@JDTthere is no loss

The new plans are all 30 days remember

@JDT wrote:

But it seems that this round does not include the $100 credit to cover for the loss of remaining time on your plan.

cappaj

I want to make sure I'm subscribed to receive offers like this from Public Mobile (this one comes via text, but I'm not sure if I should make sure I'm signed up for email offers too). Is there somewhere you can manage communication preferences within My Account? 

I am debating if this is a price match (Fido has exact same offer for Chatr clients right now + huge rebates on high end phones like Apple)

@mimmo wrote:

I think it was for customers of the new 4.5 gb plan.  Not sure if fall promo people are targeted.

Wonder_why

@JDT wrote:

But it seems that this round does not include the $100 credit to cover for the loss of remaining time on your plan.

Nope but you can try to get referral $50, if interested PM me for refferal code

@bradp36 wrote:

Nope nothing. And yes I'm on the "infamous" fall promo

The promo code joinkoodo5046 is definitely not for Fall Promo 2016 plan holders.  As we already know, these plans have so far always been dependent on the specific Public Mobile plan that you're on.  The Koodo website will not validate my phone number for this plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think it was for customers of the new 4.5 gb plan.  Not sure if fall promo people are targeted.

JDT

Wonder_why

Round 7 begin 😃😄 🤗

@Korth wrote:

PM is obviously the third-tier Telus value brand, meant to compete with Chatr (Rogers) and Lucky (Bell).  Cheap cellular for people who can't or won't pay for more.

But of course Telus has access to all the cellular metrics on their network, and of course they make a lot of money selling subsidized phones and sustaining stable subscriptions, so PM also serves as an entry vector to attract customers (away from Bell, Rogers, Shaw) then for migrating "select" customers (who fit the profile of the day) up the Telus revenue chain (to Koodo).

PM is obviously the third-tier Telus value brand, meant to compete with Chatr (Rogers) and Lucky (Bell).  Cheap cellular for people who can't or won't pay for more.

But of course Telus has access to all the cellular metrics on their network, and of course they make a lot of money selling subsidized phones and sustaining stable subscriptions, so PM also serves as an entry vector to attract customers (away from Bell, Rogers, Shaw) then for migrating "select" customers (who fit the profile of the day) up the Telus revenue chain (to Koodo).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

@srlawrenpretty aggressive targeting to move to Koodo

Its been going on for a while now

I am curious what end game is

@kav2001c I agree.  My personal theory (for the two cents or so that it was worth) was Telus wanted PM to phase out LTE plans.  I assumed that at some point in time they would remove the LTE plans from the current in-market offerings while still grandfathering any remainint LTE customers, but continue to solicit them to move over to Koodo.  However, that theory also strongly implied that "3G" speed customers would not be on the radar for migration offers.  So, I think this means I was wrong (definitely not the first time, and certainly won't be the last!).  Just what role does Telus want PM to play?  I don't know and don't know how to speculate any more!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawrenpretty aggressive targeting to move to Koodo

Its been going on for a while now

I am curious what end game is

@srlawren wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

It is being offered to 3G plans. A referral on 3G just contacted me that they received a msg.

@Luddite that was something I didn't know!  i thought they were exclusively targetting LTE plans.  Good to know!

@srlawren, so when they come after me again, I know they will, I'll just have to change to a 3G plan that gives me 12 GB.  Then wait to be targeted again.

Need Help? Let's chat.