cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When’s round 6?

@Mana if so then it failed lol

@Manawrote:

May be it was posted as an attempt to get some 'bravos".

@John5p oh no I just used the link since other poster was begging for something online

It certainly proves there was a 1GB promo offer

And we have already confirmed there was a 5GB offer (when I posted the 5GB offer many people, including Oracles, doubted it was legit as well)

So now the only question is whether the 2 offers were compatible by entering in a different code?

Based on the fact I had 2 different retail locations tell me yes its compatible I would take their word over TorontoKris and RFD any day of the week

(Actually I do not even see the basic $60 offer over on RFD which is odd as well)

Many even doubt they can get free SIM card, much less good plans

Oh and also; if this Public-Koodo offer never existed, I would ask anyone then WHY did Chatr-Fido price match it?

Chatr sent out emails to clients for $60 6GB plans with 24 months -$20 bill credits (eg $40 for 6GB)

We all know the 3 carriers march in formation

You need to ask for the bonus GB of data in store as it was a promo

But it does make sense why 3rd party store needed to call Koodo who called Public and why Koodo kiosk manager needed to check

They were looking at compatibility between the 2 codes I am sure

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001cwrote:

I will be willing to bet that is how they do it 

Activate a 5GB plan enter promo code and voila you now have 6GB

If you get 5GB for $40 then you can also get 6GB for $40

But even as above you still need the number to qualify

@kav2001c I only got 5GB Data showing the Promo Code ( GOKOODO405GBBPO  ) no bonus 1GB Data

hardywang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like round 3 has worst deal among 4.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_Mwrote:

Hello everyone,

Just to clarify your concerns, offers are being sent to specific customers on specific plans - not everyone will be receiving the same offer therefor it is possible that you hear of different texts being sent 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

does this mean we are not equally valuable to koodo?  

my understanding is the the current promos are:

4gb for 45 (non fall promo)

4gb for 40 (fall promo)

5gb for 40 (fall promo )

am i missing any?

Garry

Wow......what an uproar!!!

Seems that very few have a sense of humour here now.... 

Some are directly pointing fingers and accusing me of trying to solicit referrals, and others suggesting I'm in it for Bravo's. To top it off one person (an Oracle that I helped the other day) wants me abolished........Absolutely Rediculous!!! 

1. I have never solicited or offered a referral to anyone anywhere! 

2. I have nothing to gain from receiving "Bravo's" as my primary account has been closed.

3. I'm not going anywhere as I still manage one account with Public Mobile.

4. Lastly......I did not specify or insinuate that the original post was fact or not. It has no company mentioned and was meant as humour as to what may or may not play out in the future here.

Everything following that has been rediculous, with unbased assumptions and stupidity. (Other than from Mary--which I can respect her position on this)

Lighten up people........life is to short to walk around with a chip on your shoulder. If you have anger issues.....seek medical attention.

Have a nice day!

John5p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Gotta thank @kav2001c for starting this meme. Looking forward to round 6. Smiley Very Happy

torontokris

@John5pwrote:

@kav2001c You can't "100% confirm" anything if you don't show any proof. Hearsay doesn't count as proof. It's just your word against another. 

@John5p Well said!!!  A bravo is coming your way!

@Watoko Based on anecdotal evidence, cruise other kiosks if you don't like the first answer. In Toronto area Parkway Vllage or Cedarbrae are reported to be flexible. Ask for credit for the SIM cost too.

I have NO personal knowledge because I do not qualify, plus I'm still happy with my plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ludditewrote:

Can you please post a list of these PM plans and the corresponding Koodo plan. That would help clear things up. 

Why bother? If you're elligible you get a text with a Koodo offer. If you want something "special" go to a Koodo kiosk and negotiate.

This whole fiasco is built around Koodo offerings not offers from PM. PM is simply a source of new Koodo customers. PM's current offer is "you can keep your current plan" for some unspecified duration.

I thought there would be a more concerted effort between the two sisters, but alright, I guess I'll have to move my butt and go see Koodo. Smiley Mad

Mana
Mayor / Maire

May be it was posted as an attempt to get some 'bravos".

Can you please post a list of these PM plans and the corresponding Koodo plan. That would help clear things up. 

Why bother? If you're elligible you get a text with a Koodo offer. If you want something "special" go to a Koodo kiosk and negotiate.

This whole fiasco is built around Koodo offerings not offers from PM. PM is simply a source of new Koodo customers. PM's current offer is "you can keep your current plan" for some unspecified duration.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

canucks4life

*yawn* It is too early to start this BS again

John5p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kav2001c You can't "100% confirm" anything if you don't show any proof. Hearsay doesn't count as proof. It's just your word against another. 

CalvinW

lol

torontokris

@Watokowrote:

@torontokris

Yeah, but like the discussions on the forum talking about their own offers are then confusing everyone else who may or may not have gotten the same offer.

Its confusing when people come out with different threads/rounds promoting that they got a $40/6GB text message & 100% confirming the plan... give a code for that plan thats NOT valid on Koodo's system. Are asked for proof, yet have no proof for it.

That is where the confusion lies.

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

@torontokris actually proof is also posted online

I just noticed this from another thread:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/fido-koodo-virgin-weekend-promo-60-plan-6gb-data/

There is the regular $60 for 6GB plan

Now go down and read the details 

"Koodo can add 1GB data bonus to existing 5GB plans"

They all show $60 !!! Then your assuming someone can add 1GB to a 5GB/$40 plan. Maybe the 5GB plan was for special circumstances so it was 4+1GB. Now your saying they can add another GB because one website mentions adding a GB to a $60 plan.

I dont need to know what potentially they can do. Loyalty can potentially do a lot.

I've gotten Bell to give me free 6 months for a huge issue I had. Doesnt mean I post about it and say free 6 months service on Bell 100% confirmed !!!

Where is the $40/6GB plan you said you received a text about and can 100% confirm? Now your stating "you'dbe willing to bet"

@ShawnC13wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@ShawnC13 someone else actually did post above (read back)

But hey same thing happened when I first mentioned 5GB promo and free SIMs

Lots of naysayers denying the existance until more people started entering details

@ShawnC13wrote:

So someone should have this 6GB offer in  a text to them

@will13am, what was your experience with the free sim card code that has been posted on here?

Based on my single data point so far, the code was not successful.  A simple call into customer service resulted in a credit to the account.  So I did pay for a SIM card up front.  

@Rockdaddy22 see above link

Plan may even be expired since other website said its just weekend deal

We shall see

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_Mwrote:

Hello everyone,

Just to clarify your concerns, offers are being sent to specific customers on specific plans - not everyone will be receiving the same offer therefor it is possible that you hear of different texts being sent 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

torontokris

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

Guys, there's no point in arguing about the mysterious 6GB/$40 plan. If it exists, I'm sure its presence will be made known by other people and on all the other forums discussing the Koodo migration plan.

Why should I read ALL the other forums.. when the original poster of THIS thread @kav2001c was the first one to mention this mysterious plan, created a new thread to advertise it (round 4) ... stated he recieved the offer via text and can 100% confirm.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@torontokris actually proof is also posted online

I just noticed this from another thread:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/fido-koodo-virgin-weekend-promo-60-plan-6gb-data/

There is the regular $60 for 6GB plan

Now go down and read the details 

"Koodo can add 1GB data bonus to existing 5GB plans"

Watoko

@torontokris

Yeah, but like the discussions on the forum talking about their own offers are then confusing everyone else who may or may not have gotten the same offer.

Given that we do know select customers receive certain offers, might as well officially publicize it. We all know Telus wants to move most of us over to Koodo, so no use keeping it a secret if they want people to move to Koodo...In fact it would be to their advantage to make it public so people have more informed choices to switch. But perhaps I must be missing a key strategy on the backend that they must be employing.

PhoneSeeker

Guys, there's no point in arguing about the mysterious 6GB/$40 plan. If it exists, I'm sure its presence will be made known by other people and on all the other forums discussing the Koodo migration plan.

torontokris

@Watokowrote:

Honestly all this confusion about the Koodo offers going around right now could be clarified and straightened out once and for all if PM released an official statement. PM really needs to work on communication. It is the #1 principle for ANY relationship...

The text message you receive is the official message! Also your asking PM's Dave to confirm / clear up Koodo offers?

Watoko

Honestly all this confusion about the Koodo offers going around right now could be clarified and straightened out once and for all if PM released an official statement. PM really needs to work on communication. It is the #1 principle for ANY relationship...

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues 

@Rockdaddy22 the comments in the original post lead people to believe he was offered the 6GB / $40 plan. He can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally... but yet can not confirm in any way. Didnt sent any screenshot of a text or anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.