cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round *6* Has Begun!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This is just getting crazy but ANOTHER new promo offer is being pushed out now!

This one I can 100% confirm because one of my lines got the txt personally

Round 1:

Offered 4GB for $40 to all existing $120 12GB

Canada Wide calling & $100 bill credit

Round 2:

Offered 5GB for $40 to unknown clients

Round 3:

Offered 4GB for $45 to clients NOT on the existing $120 12GB plans

So in past couple of weeks Kodoo is really pushing forward with trying to capture as many Public clients as possible on postpaid

Round 4:

Offered 6GB for $40 to targeted clients on $120 12GB plans

(Everyone else gets 6GB for $60 or 9GB for $75)

Data insanity continues

Codes:

PM-SIM-0

GOKOODO404GB

GOKOODO405GBBPO

GOKOODOR454

GOKOODOR406

GOKOODO406GB

GOKOODO301GB

GOKOODO301GB30

GOKOODO352GB100

JOINKOODO5

JOINKOODO5406 

JOINKOODOCRP

JOINKOODOAUGDATA

Anyone else find out the official codes for other plans I will add em

ROUND 5

GOKOODO406GB  - ITS BACK!!! $40 for 6GB!

New TXT Offer: Due to popular demand, the $40 for 6GB Koodo offer has been extended

March 31 2018 is final day

Round 6:

More targeted offers sent out to switch to Koodo lol the madness never ends

$30 for 1GB + $100 credit

$35 for 2GB + $100 credit

For people NOT on the infamous 12GB plans

Added 2 new codes to master list

The 4GB & 6GB migration codes

Round *9* appears to work with ALL Public numbers

Even if you never got the txt, they attempt to validate your number and it works!

Round 10

$40 / 8GB

$35 / 5GB

-$180 in bill credits ($15 per month x 1 year)

1000 International LD minutes

Depending on Migration plan + Tab status

+$5 for 2 GB   (ADD)

+$10 for 6 GB  (DATA)

OR

+$10 for 3GB  (ADD)

+$15 for 10GB  (DATA)

373 REPLIES 373

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hey quick question @will13am  i understand how tabs work 

phone costs $240 on tab you pay $10 a month 

phone costs $360 on tab you pay $15 a month

I dont understand the tab medium and why that seems so important???

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No specifics available from what I've seen in my agreement or account.

I do have the ability to use M-tab right now if I wish, and see no reason for that to change on Feb 28.

From looking further......the Feb 28th deadline is just the additional  savings expiring on Essential phone purchase for current customers. It has nothing to do with our plans.

@Garrywrote:

UPDATE:

I was able to contact Koodo CSR by phone and have them port my PM line to the Koodo SIM card I purchased last weekend.(at a Koodo kiosk) 

They opened a new line on my current account and applied the 5GB(permanent confirmed)/$40 plan. They then ported over my PM line to it, and confirmed details online with me while conversing.

They then asked if there was anything else they could do, and I asked nicely for a credit regarding the sim card I purchased, and they gave me a credit of $15 off my current bill, but could not credit the tax. (Which is more than ok with me)

She then made me aware that I would also be receiving a $100 bill credit for switching over.

It couldn't have gone any better!!!!.............YAHOO!!!

Anyways........ I am confirming this change is very possible via phone, but it is obviously very YMMV.  

Thanks for the good times Public Mobile. 

Best of luck to all of you.

Garry.

@Garry, are you able to find any details on the medium tab.  The latest migration offer apparently includes a medium tab, but there's a February 28 deadline.  What happens after the deadline?  No more tab again?  

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michael77wrote:

@will13amwrote:

I am being totally ignored.  I got round 1, wish I had round 2, round 3 can be had by just going to Bestbuy, WoW, etc.  Other carriers also have an offer identical to round 3.

@will13am,

Which carriers have round 3? Is it in Ontario? How does somebody get the deal? Thanks.

@Michael77 is PM texting to peeps to moved Koodo, only for PM user 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

@Michael77 they are all so called migration offers

Public to Koodo

And the other carriers purple prepaid lines to the yellow postpaid lines (woof)

@kav2001c,

Thanks. LOL 🙂

Jonavin

5GB code doesn't work for me. 

Guess I'll wait for Round 4.  5GB plus Call Forwarding?

I played around with these numbers and there's very little reason for me to switch to "round 1" or "round 2" and zero reason for me to take the "round 3" offer.

The original $40/4GB Koodo plan is a fine plan compare to other postpaid offers that are currently being made to existing and potential customers.  But it would not save me any money.

Right now, I always receive a $4 or $6 community reward each month so that means my Public Mobile plan is always $33 (or less) per 30 days.

This Koodo plan on BYOP would just make no sense for me.  The difference of about $7/month would come out to $168 additional over 24 months just to gain Canada-wide calling.

Things do get a little better if using the Koodo small tab.  I was fiddling with the online Koodo phone and plan ordering store, and if I take the LG Q6 with a small tab, that brings the plan price+tab fee up to $50/month.  The phone would be $0 up front and has a regular retail price of $410.  That $50 monthly price is $17 more than the $33 I pay now, so that means the true cost of the phone is about $408 (it's actually slightly more because Public loyalty rewards increase after another year), except that I don't have to pay now.  That is almost no difference than if I just purchased the phone outright and stayed at Public.   To me, doing this would just be same as purchasing a phone that I don't necessarily want just to maximize on te value of switching to Koodo.  The difference in price between Koodo and Public would be even larger for those with a bunch of referal rewards on the Public account.

Sure, Koodo will probably give you $100 visa gift card if you order online, but all this switching around and going on postpaid (which I don't consider to be of any advantage) just for that?  In my opinion, it's simply a matter of if the Canada-wide element and the extra 1GB (from the round 2 plan offer) is worth the extra cost to you.

Garry

UPDATE:

I was able to contact Koodo CSR by phone and have them port my PM line to the Koodo SIM card I purchased last weekend.(at a Koodo kiosk) 

They opened a new line on my current account and applied the 5GB(permanent confirmed)/$40 plan. They then ported over my PM line to it, and confirmed details online with me while conversing.

They then asked if there was anything else they could do, and I asked nicely for a credit regarding the sim card I purchased, and they gave me a credit of $15 off my current bill, but could not credit the tax. (Which is more than ok with me)

She then made me aware that I would also be receiving a $100 bill credit for switching over.

It couldn't have gone any better!!!!.............YAHOO!!!

Anyways........ I am confirming this change is very possible via phone, but it is obviously very YMMV.  

Thanks for the good times Public Mobile. 

Best of luck to all of you.

Garry.

Garry

@kav2001cwrote:

@Garry oh yeah I had responded to other poster above

Yes needs redeem in store

I'm on the line with Koodo CSR right now. Cross your fingers!........I'll let you know.

ps.......It's nice to have a live agent to speak with!!! 

@Garry oh yeah I had responded to other poster above

Yes needs redeem in store

Garry

@kav2001cwrote:

@Garry if you received Offer 1 you can redeem Offer 2

Just use the other code

Thanks,

I just tried online............still no dice!

The round 1 code unlocks the original offer The Round 2 code gets accepted, but does not display any "promo" offer".

I guess I'll try the local TMS tomorrow. It's only 30 minutes away vs Koodo kiosk at 60 minutes away. 

I'll keep any eye on things here and RFD for any updates.

@guinness22 so far yes anyone can redeem

Everyone who has tried has been successful

BUT apparently the new code if you are ineligible needs to be redeem in store

Online only shows old 4GB option

@Michael77 they are all so called migration offers

Public to Koodo

And the other carriers purple prepaid lines to the yellow postpaid lines (woof)

@Garry if you received Offer 1 you can redeem Offer 2

Just use the other code

@will13amwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am the other carriers have an even better offer imo

Free smartphone (basic one of course) plus they give you a $20 bill credit every month (up to $480 credit) so long as you stay on the promo plan

That means for lower GB users cheaper than anything on Telus, Koodo or Public

@will13amwrote:

I am being totally ignored.  I got round 1, wish I had round 2, round 3 can be had by just going to Bestbuy, WoW, etc.  Other carriers also have an offer identical to round 3.

Why is offering 4 gigs for less than $40 even if for 2 years?  Nobody.  

You two have lost me in the discussion

Michael77

@will13amwrote:

@will13am,

Which carriers have round 3? Is it in Ontario? How does somebody get the deal? Thanks.

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Post paid is risky u never no what bill will be . And if someone hack your phone number u could have long distance .calls to China on your bill and not no it till u get  a 7000 dollars billike on global tv last month in Toronto. Pre pay is safe 

@Clefort88wrote:

As much as they may try, myself, like many others I'm sure, simply have no desire to be trapped with a carrier again; to have to worry about prices, despite their "promise" of never receiving unexpected charges. I spent my entire mobile life so far attached to the worst carriers and bills, PM was such a save for me, both my peace of mind and my wallet. 

It's a prepaid service, that gives me back what I put into it - end of. 

Unless these other companies could give me everything I have for exactly $23 a month, there's no way I'd switch PM. And even then, I'd be hardpressed to, for the sheer fact there's no extra bullcrap involved with call centres, and taking on the good fight when you know you've sniffed said bullcrap out from under them. 

This is all true enough and a valid perspective.  I do agree with it fully, wholeheartedly, we are alike in defending this opinion.

But it's not entirely one-sided.  Prepaid can never overcharge or postcharge, you might still get ripped off and "lose" all the money you paid into it, but no more - but it still has downsides.  Customer service is always motivated to exploit (or create) every opportunity to upsell more services (and costs) to customer bills - but they're also there to provide realtime face-to-face support, they can "fix" things and move you out the door promptly.  PM's "DIY" self-serve model is empowering (and saves money) but it extends simple conversations into long-term rounds of online messages/emails which can leave you with no working phone for hours or days.  I vastly prefer it over dealing with "salespersons" but my preferences are not for everyone, PM is awesome but also not for everyone.  And, it turns out, from time to time PM breaks promises or competitors offer even better deals - PM is great but PM is not perfect and is not victorious in every battle for the customer's wallet.

guinness22

Will PM offer LTE in 6 months or just 3G. No people on the 3g plans get text asking them to go Koodo .Might they cancel LTE and if you not grab these current Koodo deals .u stuck in 3G. 

@kav2001cwrote:

Free smartphone (basic one of course) plus they give you a $20 bill credit every month (up to $480 credit) so long as you stay on the promo plan

@will13amwrote:

Why is offering 4 gigs for less than $40 even if for 2 years?  Nobody.  

Aahan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try validating the code online with your phone number, you'll know if you're eligible for the deal or not.

Rockdaddy22

Let’s try and report back. 

guinness22

Can anyone get the 5 GB plan if u know the code .

Rockdaddy22

@Garrywrote:

"D'a'm'n" (above) is now a swear word? What the ****

I edited this post, please watch your language @Garry

Michael77

@kav2001c,

Are these promotions only for PM customers? I only ask because you are mentioning other carriers making offers too. Thanks.

Garry

"D'a'm'n" (above) is now a swear word? What the ****

Garry

Now that we know there's a 5GB/$40 offer available, there's really no point for anyone to be moving to Koodo for a 4GB/$40 deal now. 

PM just shot themselves in the foot again.

Send me my 5GB/$40 offer **bleep** it.......... I'm more than ready to switch. My Koodo account portal is open and ready to go!

Clefort88

As much as they may try, myself, like many others I'm sure, simply have no desire to be trapped with a carrier again; to have to worry about prices, despite their "promise" of never receiving unexpected charges. I spent my entire mobile life so far attached to the worst carriers and bills, PM was such a save for me, both my peace of mind and my wallet. 

It's a prepaid service, that gives me back what I put into it - end of. 

Unless these other companies could give me everything I have for exactly $23 a month, there's no way I'd switch PM. And even then, I'd be hardpressed to, for the sheer fact there's no extra bullcrap involved with call centres, and taking on the good fight when you know you've sniffed said bullcrap out from under them. 

Rockdaddy22

I don’t know anybody who’s gotten a second or third offer. 

@will13amwrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.