cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover Data, recommendation for PM team

twlpc96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would be very useful to have, so customers would not waste any of their unused data.

12 REPLIES 12

While I agree that rollover data would be cool, and I'd welcome it, BUT, for someone like me, who uses VERY little data, after a while I'd end up with GIGABYTES of data on my plan.... and I'm on the $15 plan, with only 250MB per month!

twlpc96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed; since Chatr and Lucky have unlimited slow data after the plan's quota is used up, unlike PM. Then rollover data would be not only different than the other two but also would serve a similar purpose.

I think throttled unlimited data once you run out is better. Lol.

@JenL wrote:

@twlpc96 we should add it to our wish list with @Dave_M 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@twlpc96 we should add it to our wish list with @Dave_M 

Thanks. I misread the post, thought that it implied that PM had the throttled data usage. 

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

So, does that mean that even though your data is used up, you still have it albeit with a much reduced speed? Thanks.

@Psygineer wrote

True that they don't offer rollover data, but they both do offer throttled unlimited data once your package data is used up. People who are worried about burning though their data typically are the ones who ended up with excess data at the end and would benefit from rollover data, if we had the same unlimited data people may use their package data more freely.

If like me, you are never over your plan limit, there's no reason to sign-up for heavily throttled unlimited data. Btw Lucky has this option available only on their $25+ plans. It's not available with their $15 plan.

@gblackma wrote:

So, does that mean that even though your data is used up, you still have it albeit with a much reduced speed? Thanks.

@Psygineer wrote

True that they don't offer rollover data, but they both do offer throttled unlimited data once your package data is used up. People who are worried about burning though their data typically are the ones who ended up with excess data at the end and would benefit from rollover data, if we had the same unlimited data people may use their package data more freely.

If like me, you are never over your plan limit, there's no reason to sign-up for heavily throttled unlimited data. Btw Lucky has this option available only on their $25+ plans. It's not available with their $15 plan.

@gblackma wrote:

@Psygineer wrote

On the other providers it does.  I still find this unlimited data just a gimic.  It is ok for people who are just checking email or maybe posting on Social Media but those that are going through 8-10GB of data (the amounts on the upper tiers before unlimited) will not survive with the speed throttled back as they are a heavy consumer of the data.  They will then feel the need to up there plan to 12-15GB of data before it gets throttled.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yes.

Here is what is posted to Lucky Mobile website.

You can also continue to use data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging at no additional charge once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.

@Psygineer wrote

@Psygineer wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@twlpc96 wrote:

Would be very useful to have, so customers would not waste any of their unused data.

Public Mobile is prepaid, basic no-frills mobile operator.

The main competitors are Lucky and Chatr. As none of these companies offer rollover data, I do not expect PM to offer it anytime soon.

Good point. Personally I consider these to be 2 distinct options:
1. Rollover data
2. Unlimited data at up to 500 Kbps.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

@twlpc96 wrote:

The main competitors are Lucky and Chatr. As none of these companies offer rollover data, I do not expect PM to offer it anytime soon.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@twlpc96 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.