cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

Now that would be awesome if Public Mobile offered the same thing cuz they asked way too much money for such a small amount of data that you're going to burn through and in the first day

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

@JackQuint Thank you for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it.

@MsLovely420 wrote:

Now that would be awesome if Public Mobile offered the same thing cuz they asked way too much money for such a small amount of data that you're going to burn through and in the first day

I have yet to burn through 12 GB of full speed LTE data in 90-days on my plan, in the first.  The closest I’ve ever got to using all 12 GB was 11.5 on day 89, when somehow my device consumed 8 GB over WiFi, and I still don’t know how that happened.

I use my data.  I stream music on normal quality over cellular data walking my dog, walking to and from work.  I can’t use it all.  I’m blown away when folks say they need unlimited data.

I just want a plan at a reasonable price.  Yes, we are still over charged.  But we’re not hosed and torched like a Top Tier provider customer.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

I have yet to burn through 12 GB of full speed LTE data in 90-days on my plan, in the first.  

I can’t use it all.  I’m blown away when folks say they need unlimited data.

I just want a plan at a reasonable price.  Yes, we are still over charged.  But we’re not hosed and torched like a Top Tier provider customer.

This is why there is choice is important:  everyone's needs (in the lose definition of need) are different. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

@MsLovely420 wrote:

I have yet to burn through 12 GB of full speed LTE data in 90-days on my plan, in the first.  The closest I’ve ever got to using all 12 GB was 11.5 on day 89, when somehow my device consumed 8 GB over WiFi, and I still don’t know how that happened.

I use my data.  I stream music on normal quality over cellular data walking my dog, walking to and from work.  I can’t use it all.  I’m blown away when folks say they need unlimited data.

Between Shaw Go WiFi (and Shaw Passpoint), WiFi at work and home ... I may use a 1GB a month. Nice to have the extra, but not needed.