cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

I am somewhat confused by this post.  Bringing up unlimited this plan from Rogers suggests that they are offering a superior product in terms of feature/price that Public Mobile should duplicate.  Then the discussion goes on to say we need a break from being ripped off.  So, is the Rogers offer a deal or a rip off?  From what I can tell it is a $75/10GB plan, not an unlimited plan which would likely cost a whole lot more.  This service does not have a loyalty department and so there is nobody to negotiate with.  In the roughly 3 years I have been here, hoping for change is somewhat of a lost cause.  I have developed a bit of notariety for using the line "Get this service for what it is, not what you wish it to be".  It seems like the cliche is applicable here. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

@will13am wrote:

I am somewhat confused by this post.  Bringing up unlimited this plan from Rogers suggests that they are offering a superior product in terms of feature/price that Public Mobile should duplicate.  Then the discussion goes on to say we need a break from being ripped off.  So, is the Rogers offer a deal or a rip off?  From what I can tell it is a $75/10GB plan, not an unlimited plan which would likely cost a whole lot more.  This service does not have a loyalty department and so there is nobody to negotiate with.  In the roughly 3 years I have been here, hoping for change is somewhat of a lost cause.  I have developed a bit of notariety for using the line "Get this service for what it is, not what you wish it to be".  It seems like the cliche is applicable here. 

I think it's a complete farce to be honest....

I was just providing information

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since that article mentions Freedom, the currently have 14GB LTE for $60/month. Have no idea why anyone who needs substantial data would use anyone but Freedom as long as they lived in an area with Freedom service. Since I live in Metro Vancouver, no way on earth is Rogers' remotely competitive.

@will13am wrote:

I read the article.  It's as written, with the throttle to 256Kbps after the 10GB, on a 30-day plan, and I believe talk and text is included.  They are pulling device subsidies out of the 'plan' and making it like 'tab'.  After the subsidy contract is over, you still pay the $75/10GB cost, but no 'extra' for the subsidy.

It's a plan for 'family sharing' which foolish in my mind (I don't have a family, I just want a cellular plan).

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I read the article.  It's as written, with the throttle to 256Kbps after the 10GB, on a 30-day plan, and I believe talk and text is included.  They are pulling device subsidies out of the 'plan' and making it like 'tab'.  After the subsidy contract is over, you still pay the $75/10GB cost, but no 'extra' for the subsidy.

It's a plan for 'family sharing' which foolish in my mind (I don't have a family, I just want a cellular plan).

These plans do not include talk and text. This 75$ is for data.

I believe.

@duffer900 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I believe.

Actually they include talk and text 

Would be nice if Rogers made their plans more competitive. My wife is still with Rogers and has an unlimited talk/text/500mb plan. And even if you subtract what she pays to pay off the phone each mont itvis still more than double what I pay for the $25 1gb plan here. And that is not even factoring in tge overage charges (and illegal over the maximum limit overage charges).

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

@duffer900 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I believe.

Actually they include talk and text 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/12/rogers-infinite-unlimited-plans-throttle-speed/?fbclid=IwAR13qblz...

Just saw this.... Quite the departure from their original 125 a month for 10GB with talk and text....

Mayor / Maire

Maybe by this time this topic should be in The Lounge. Maybe it really should have started there. But hey...who am I to say. Freeze Peach and all that.

Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

Rogers is launching unlimited data plans tomorrow it says that in this article https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/12/rogerws-unlimited-data-plans-no-overage/ and its listed on their website, i really hope public mobile will follow, we need a break from being ripped off for data in canada

"If customers need more high-speed data, they can buy a ‘Speed Pass’ to add 3GB of data for $15 CAD."

I don't know about PM offering this but maybe reduce the data addon cost by 50% or double the amount of data for the existing price would be a welcomed gesture.

The cheaper data add-on can be 3G data.  $10 for 1GB 3g speed will be great.