cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

Rogers is launching unlimited data plans tomorrow it says that in this article https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/12/rogerws-unlimited-data-plans-no-overage/ and its listed on their website, i really hope public mobile will follow, we need a break from being ripped off for data in canada

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

Rogers is launching unlimited data plans tomorrow it says that in this article https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/12/rogerws-unlimited-data-plans-no-overage/ and its listed on their website, i really hope public mobile will follow, we need a break from being ripped off for data in canada

"If customers need more high-speed data, they can buy a ‘Speed Pass’ to add 3GB of data for $15 CAD."

I don't know about PM offering this but maybe reduce the data addon cost by 50% or double the amount of data for the existing price would be a welcomed gesture.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Rogers offering unlimited data plans starting tomorrow, I hope public mobile will follow

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

PM doesn't normally compete with Rogers, but if Chatr or Lucky offers something then we may see something here too.  But no harm in hopingSmiley Happy

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

So if they are offering unlimited data, I guess their plans will be $250 a month and the shirt off your back.

Chatr was the first one to offer no overage charges on data

@mojorising wrote:

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

So if they are offering unlimited data, I guess their plans will be $250 a month and the shirt off your back.

LOL, yeah. I read it's 75$ for 10 GB of fast speeds, then Free unlimited at throttled speeds. That is on top of the cell plan. So around 135-140 a month.

They claim the lowered speed is good for browsing, video streaming, etc. So guessing 3g ish...

Actually no their plans are $75 for 10gb of full speed data, $95 for 20gb of full speed data and $125 for 50gb of full speed data then speeds are reduced to 256kbps 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@coolvehiclefan wrote:

Chatr was the first one to offer no overage charges on data

Hopefully, PM will eventually get there too.

I hope so, i hate the Rogers coverage and them needing to provide roaming off telus 

Forget what I said about streaming... That was changed to basic email, texting and browsing.

With 256k,  good luck doing much.

Here is the fine print.

Rogers Infinite Plans Data Policy

Rogers Infinite data plans include 10GB, 20GB or 50GB of data at max speed on the Rogers network, extended coverage areas within Canada, and Roam Like Home destinations (see rogers.com/roamlikehome). You will continue to have access to data services with no overage beyond the max speed allotment at a reduced speed of up to 256 kilobits per second (for both upload and download) until the end of your current billing cycle. Applications such as email, web browsing, apps, and audio/video streaming will continue to function at a reduced speed which will likely impact your experience. We will send you a text message notifying you when you have used 90% and 100% of the max speed allotment included in your plan with the option to purchase a Speed Pass to add more max speed data to your plan. In all cases, usage is subject to the Rogers Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy