cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Lzakrajsek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am behind the times and I have a ZTE Z222 flip phone.  I am going to the states and was going to purchase a roaming add on.  Is there anything I have to set or will my phone automatically go to roaming??  I looked all through the manual and can't find anything.  Hoping someone can help.  I leave feb 26.  

3 REPLIES 3

@wetcoaster wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Lzakrajsek It should work since it works with PM. I am not sure if this phones needs to turn on Roaming option. See the settings. To test if Roaming will work, you can turn on roaming while you are in US and see if it connects to T-Mobile or AT&T network. Receiving text is free so you can test by telling someone to text you while you are in US. When you confirm this worked, you can purchase the add-on by calling 611 if you have enough balance or valid payment method. 

@NDesai

Does 611 work in the US now? I thought the toll free number was needed?

Oh right, it won't since we won't be connected to the PM's network.

@NDesai wrote:

@Lzakrajsek It should work since it works with PM. I am not sure if this phones needs to turn on Roaming option. See the settings. To test if Roaming will work, you can turn on roaming while you are in US and see if it connects to T-Mobile or AT&T network. Receiving text is free so you can test by telling someone to text you while you are in US. When you confirm this worked, you can purchase the add-on by calling 611 if you have enough balance or valid payment method. 

@NDesai

Does 611 work in the US now? I thought the toll free number was needed?

Edit: Finally found the toll free number: 1-855-4PUBLIC (1-855-478-2548)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Lzakrajsek It should work since it works with PM. I am not sure if this phones needs to turn on Roaming option. See the settings. To test if Roaming will work, you can turn on roaming while you are in US and see if it connects to T-Mobile or AT&T network. Receiving text is free so you can test by telling someone to text you while you are in US. When you confirm this worked, you can purchase the add-on by calling 611 toll free number if you have enough balance or valid payment method. 

Need Help? Let's chat.