cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm going to be in the USA (Florida) for three weeks. What's the best package to get for talk + data while roaming down there? Also if I'm on WiFi is there any way to make calls for free?

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A ten day roaming plan would be suitable according to many members or one of several wifi apps. You can renew after 10 days expire.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers US roaming add-ons fot 10 days.  You could purchase a local sim or use roam mobility.  For wi-fi apps then you could use Fongo, TextNow, or Skype.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P  If your going down for 3 weeks best to use a local prepaid sim option because PM option is good for only 10 days. Check amazon they have a lot of options to choose from. As for calling use Hangouts great voice quality.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gerry_P wrote:

I'm going to be in the USA (Florida) for three weeks. What's the best package to get for talk + data while roaming down there? Also if I'm on WiFi is there any way to make calls for free?

You can use Hangout app to dial any US and Canadian number for free using WiFi.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P wrote:

PM only has a 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data add-on for use while in US.

If you have a wifi signal you can use any of several free voip apps to make calls...TextNow is a good one that I've used.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Not much choice really

They last 10days

Download textnow app

Free Canadian number, free texts, free North America talk

For those who spend more time in usa they also have sims  with canada numbers

Unlimited talk and text $10, add 2gig for 10 more, unlimited data talk and text 40. 

Another sim option is freedompop

Need Help? Let's chat.