cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming purchase bugged

ofcourse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello, I'll go into more details later but in summary, this morning I purchased a US roaming addon (US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data 10-day for $20 plus tax) and it didn't work, after waiting and restarting my phone and everything. No calling, no data, no part of roaming worked and I used roaming before no problem, this particular addon purchase just never seemed to activate. I really had to make a phone call so to fix this I had to purchase the other US roaming addon (US Roaming - Talk Text 10-day for $15 plus tax) and then that worked immediately and allowed me to make my phone call. It seemed that first purchase bugged out or something because not only did it not work forcing me to waste money but I still don't have the "250 mb" data from it so I assume it wasn't just a delay in activating either. More info: This is today, as I was getting a new roaming addon as my previous one expired after the 10 days. The previous one was another of the talk text 250 data but that one worked fine so I don't understand why the new one never activated. I would appreciate that addon that I paid money for and never activated when I needed it either as credit or the other one I had to purchase to make my phone call. I don't understand how this service is so buggy and unreliable. Here is the transaction history if that helps Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance Jul 19, 2019 US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos (10-jours) $15.00 $0.00 Jul 19, 2019 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $15.00 $15.00 Jul 19, 2019 US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos + 250 Mo (10-jours) $20.00 $0.00 Jul 19, 2019 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $8.00 $20.00 Jul 10, 2019 U.S. L.D./D’interurbains É.-U. $8.00 $12.00 Jul 9, 2019 US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos + 250 Mo (10-jours) $20.00 $20.00 Jul 9, 2019 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $31.00 $40.00 The Jul 19, 2019 $20 US Roaming is the addon that never activated, there still isn't that data applied if you look at the account, and in fact it's redundant now since I had to buy the other one to make an urgent phone call. I'll give any more information if necessary.
17 REPLIES 17

@Hassomers wrote:

How do I do that we have an iPhone 6

Try to manually select your carrier in the USA.

Go to Settings, Carrier, Turn off Automatic, Manually select either AT&T or T mobile.  

Hassomers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I do that we have an iPhone 6

No extra charges..correct ! If you don't pay for it ahead of time, you can't be billed later.

If you didn’t add data for roaming, you shouldn’t need to tun on data.  Are you on one of the partner networks? Have you allowed your phone to auto choose the network connection?

Hassomers

So if it wasn’t turned on there will be no extra charges right?  I am turning it on now

@Hassomers wrote:

We didn’t ad data roaming. To turn on roaming do I turn on cellular data roaming?

yes

@Hassomers  yes absolutely

Hassomers

We didn’t ad data roaming. To turn on roaming do I turn on cellular data roaming?

Hassomers

Yes it is on my add on and I paid for it from canada

@Hassomers 

Do you see the roaming add on in your overview page in self service account.  Purchasing an add on is a two step process.  Need to load funds and then purchase add on.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

If you see the roaming add on, then make sure roaming is turn on for your phone.  

Hassomers

Hi I purchased a us roaming package talk and text on 19 July 2019. I entered the us riday and received a message I needed to get a roaming package 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

I’d still like to see a screen shot of the payment history so I can follow the money.  If you mistaken forgot to click the 1st add on twice, it would have loaded the second one with a portion of the funds for the forst addon.

ofcourse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No the money was deducted but the addon did not work. I had to then purchase the other addon (without data) which did work to make a phone call. The other one seemed to never work despite taking my money. I contacted moderation.

Can you cut and paste (or screenshot) your payment history in a table form?  Would be much easier to figure out what you're describing.  Hide personal info please.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ofcourse  If you do a lot of back and forth to the US, PM just announced a new US/Canada promo plan for today only. This will eliminate the need to purchase US Roaming add-ons for talk and text + plus you get 2GB of US data. More info can be found here.

Not sure why the add-on did not activate sounds like you have plenty experience with purchasing US Roaming add-on so I think it's best to send the details to PM and ask for a credit.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ofcourse  is the money still in your account ? it's a two step process you need money in account and then you need to purchase add on

Need Help? Let's chat.