cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the US

joker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I buy a monthly plan for $50 (see attached screen capture) that has "UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US" does that allow me to use my phone while in the US or do I have to buy another add on?

50.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joker wrote:

Thanks.  So if I get a roaming add on, when I'm in the US do I also have to have an unlimited Canada/US calling plan in order to make calls to US numbers?  Or does the roaming add on basically allow me to use my regular, Canada monthly plan to call US or Canada while in the US?

@joker think of the roaming add-ons as completely independent additions that give you access to services while in the USA.  Unlike Easy Roam, Fido Roam, Roam Like Home, etc, they are not giving you access to your plan features while in the USA, they are independent features for use in the USA.  So even if your plan in Canada had no talk (maybe a data only plan, for example), you can still purchase the US Roaming 10-day unlimited talk add-on and use talk features while in the USA.  Your plan features have no impact on your roaming add-ons and vice versa, with one small caveat:  to use any of the US roaming add-on(s), you must have a valid plan back home.  In other words, you have to have an active line on at least the $10 plan or a build-your-own plan with at least one service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@joker wrote:

Thanks.  So if I get a roaming add on, when I'm in the US do I also have to have an unlimited Canada/US calling plan in order to make calls to US numbers?  Or does the roaming add on basically allow me to use my regular, Canada monthly plan to call US or Canada while in the US?

No you need a plan with calls included but not obligatory with US/Canada calls. When you are in the US you will use your roaming add-on only.

Here you can find  the step to buy an add-on..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

joker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@joker here you can see the US roaming add-ons...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@joker  You would have to buy a US roaming addon, that plan only covers calls to the US from Canada.

All plans only work while in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.