cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data just stopped

millers55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a Talk, Text & Data US roaming add-on last Saturday while I'm in the US.  Everything has been working fine until this morning when I stopped receiving data.

I checked my add-on and it is still active and I have about 165MB of data left on the plan.

The talk and text roaming are still working great.

I tried rebooting the phone, pulling the sim card and resetting the network settings all with no luck.

The APN settings haven't changed.

Anyone else ever experience this issue?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

millers55

Thanks @Mary_M for your help.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @millers55,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with an update!

As we discussed on Saturday, there was in fact a data outage in the US. At that time, I could not confirm when it would be resolved because it was something new, however I'm very happy to confirm that it has in been rectified as of yesterday. . I also wanted to thank you for sharing the link with us that explains what occurred. 

I have also sent you a private message with a few more details, kindly view it 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@millers55  It is most likely the case.  Didnt they tell you about it from public mobile end?  

millers55

Just an update if someone is following this thread.

My add-on package has expired now and no resolution was found.

My friend did howerver send me this article which I think explains what was going on.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/01/29/freedom-mobile-usa-data-roaming-outage/

Hopefully Public Mobile will issue a refund to me for this.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you!

@millers55 and @ryan461

I am looking into it and I will provide you with an update shortly!

Thank you for your patience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

millers55

Thanks @Mary_M  just PM'd you.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @millers55,

Please feel free to send us your phone number if you are still experiencing services issue. Make sure to also include your 4 digit PIN # 🙂 (via private message of course!)

Respectfully,

Mary

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Data addon usage is updated pretty much in real time. @Shazia_K needs to help out.

ryan461
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm havin the issue as well today. I'm roaming down in Phoenix, bought 500MB of data on Sunday. According to my account I've used 98MB/500MB. I should have restarted the data usage on my phone to be sure, but I don't think I've used all 500. Maybe there's another issue here?

millers55

Thanks everyone,

I didn't realize that data usage wasn't updated in real time.

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if my data has been used up.  

That scenario makes the most sense.

@millers55   as @kav2001c  stated the data is updated daily I do believe so you probably have used up your data amount.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@millers55 it could be pending data (web site is not updated in real time). So it might show 165MB remaining when number is actually 0

Rest of phone features work so add-on is still active

Other than that, only other thing to check is who you connect to. If you were travelling say cross-country might need to connect a different provider where you are now, or enter an area with limited coverage

Need Help? Let's chat.