cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Village
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I purchase 200 minutes for U.S. calling, do I have to worry about roaming charges while I am there? (my plan is in Canada)

11 REPLIES 11

@Village wrote:

I have unlimited long distance calling in Canada and unlimited "international" texting. Does that mean only texting FROM Canada to the U.S. or would it include my texting while in the U.S.?

They only apply when you are in Canada....won't work outside of Canada.

@Village wrote:

I have unlimited long distance calling in Canada and unlimited "international" texting. Does that mean only texting FROM Canada to the U.S. or would it include my texting while in the U.S.?

THat is while you are located in Canada.  For service in the US you need the roaming addon or the $60 Canada/US plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Village

@Village wrote:

So if I purchase US talk only for $8, for 10 days, does that allow me to call in the US from my Canadian plan without roaming? How do I purchase more than 10 days?

There are no additional roaming charges...after 10 days, it just quits working. You won't be billed for any use that you haven't already paid for.

The 10 day roaming add-on is great for short trips to US. I've not used the $60/30 day plan yet, but I suspect it's a good option for snowbirds who want to keep using their Cdn numbers. 

You might have to manually select either of AT&T or T-Mobile...whichever works best at the time.

Safe travels wherever you're headed.

Stay Safe!

@Village wrote:

So if I purchase US talk only for $8, for 10 days, does that allow me to call in the US from my Canadian plan without roaming? How do I purchase more than 10 days?

The roaming packages will allow you to call and receive calls while in the US.  Public mobile does not have additional roaming charges.  It is totally prepaid if you haven't paid for the option you will not have access to it.  To get more than 10 days you would have to repurchase the addon at the end of the 10 days.  If you try to do it before the same option for the addon will not be available to you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Village wrote:

With the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on..you have unlimited talk to Canada and US while in USA. It won't allow you to call US while you're in Canada.

PM has a 30 day plan for $60. Unlimted talk to Canada and US while in US, plus texting, plus some data.

Village

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20191003-192712.png

Pick one of these.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There are no roaming charges with pm. 

But you must have a us Roaming plan to use pm in the us. Which plan did you purchase?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Village wrote:

If I purchase 200 minutes for U.S. calling, do I have to worry about roaming charges while I am there? (my plan is in Canada)

@Village  That is the wrong add-on because it only works when in Canada. You need to purchase a US Roaming add-on to be able to call when you are in the US. Note that US Roaming add-ons include unlimited minutes to US and Canada while you are in the US and are valid for 10 days only and the timer starts when you purchase it.

Need Help? Let's chat.