cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add on.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello. 
I pretty much used up my 2g roaming and I’m crossing the border today and need my roaming. Do I need to purchase the bundle pkg roaming, talk and text. And does it work on data as well. It’s not very clear. And I only really need it for today as my plan is renewing in the next two days. 
cheers 

16 REPLIES 16

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mellondon wrote:

I have 3g of data left. I’m out of roaming. So what do I purchase 

If you have the $60 plan with 2GB US rooming + unlimited US talk/text per 30 days.

You need only US roaming add-on.  Since US roaming add-on expires after 10 days, you need to decide base on your usage and number of days in US.

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

US roaming add-on starts right away after purchase.  It will count as one day if you purchased US add-on 5 minutes before midnight ET.

I would probably ask moderators to renew you early as you don't need 10 days of add-ons

If you are gonna be using more than 2 gigs in USA then it would be reasonable to get the data only add-on as your talk and text will work just fine.

Really depends on your projected usage there

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

If you are staying for long and using a lot you could ask moderators to renew you early

Is roaming still free (reimbursed)?

mellondon

Thank you for your help. I went with 500 plan 

mellondon

Thanks for your help. I took the 500 plan 

mellondon

I went with the 500 thanks 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon wrote:

Hello. 
I pretty much used up my 2g roaming and I’m crossing the border today and need my roaming. Do I need to purchase the bundle pkg roaming, talk and text. And does it work on data as well. It’s not very clear. And I only really need it for today as my plan is renewing in the next two days. 
cheers 

@mellondon  Your best option would have been to renew your existing plan early by submitting a ticket to PM. Since it's too late for that option you can purchase a US data roaming add-on:

1. 250MB Data for $10
  2. 500MB Data for $15
  3. 1GB Data for $20 

No need to purchase a bundle or Talk/Text as your plan covers unlimited Talk/Text when in the US.

mellondon

Perfect thanks 

@mellondon the cheapest roaming data add om is 250mb for $10. Its a 2 step process add the $10 and then select the addon. 20200417_204130.jpg

Or you can use 611 to buy it if you have an attached credit card amd know your 4 digit pin.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

US Roaming6

10 day packages

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15
U.S. Talk Only: $8
U.S. Text Only: $8
U.S. Data Only: 250MB for $10, 500MB for $15, 1GB for $20

You could buy 250MB for $10.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon  if you are close to the border can't you try to manually select PM as your network? You maynot need a roaming addon. Stay safe. 

mellondon

I have 3g of data left. I’m out of roaming. So what do I purchase 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon there's a $20 package that includes talk,text and 250mb for 10 days. just choose the cheapest option for you ie. just talk for $8 if your plan is renewing in 2 days.. unless you really need the data

Anonymous
Not applicable

The add-ons are 10 days. Yes there's data. Yes that's your Public Mobile option.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mellondon , the roaming add-on works as you have described it.  Add-on augments included usage when fully consumed.  Since you only need data, you can buy the data add-on.  

Need Help? Let's chat.