cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to Public

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In a moment of stupidity, I went back to Fido when they offered me 8GB for $45 and 1000 long distance minutes. Can I port my number back and use my old Public SIM card and return to Public Mobile?

7 REPLIES 7

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I second the great suggestion by @dna2016 to wait for a good promo

I'm waiting for 25 friend referral combined either with $10 of for 6 months or 5g bonus (or even better both) for two of my friends, since they are not getting slaughtered with their current plans it's definitely worth the wait.

45 for 8 gig is not too bad, i suggest textNow or fongo for unlimited minutes. They both use very little data.

And welcome back:)

@troyfy wrote:

So I cannot reactivate my old account and SIM? I am basically a new customer again?

Yes, you are a new customer again.  Unfortunately, that means that you would have lost any loyalty and referral rewards that you had before.  The bright side is that you'll be able to take advantage of new customer offers if there are any when you decide to come back.  You'll definitely be able to take advantage of someone referring you so that you can get a $10 credit. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@troyfy welcome back to the good side, lol.  Yes you can definitely port back to PM but unfortunately the SIM card you had previously is pretty much dead at this point.  Once you ported over to Fido your PM SIM was deactivated and no longer valid anymore.  You'll need to get a new SIM.  If you're not in any rush to port back to PM I suggest you wait until they have some really nice promo deals.  I'm assuming there'll be some summer deals coming at some point, or latest would be back to school deals in mid to late August.  Just saying, the worst thing is to activate and then literally a day or two later they offer a wicked promo credit deal that you wished you could have gotten.

@troyfyYes basically everything will be new. On the bright side you can take advantage of deals ike RBC has on right now.. since you are a new customer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@troyfy wrote:

In a moment of stupidity, I went back to Fido when they offered me 8GB for $45 and 1000 long distance minutes. Can I port my number back and use my old Public SIM card and return to Public Mobile?

If you ported your old PM number to Fido, you'll need to get a new PM sim and start all over with a new account, as your PM account will have closed. You should be able to port back to PM as long as your account at Fido is still active.

Welcome Back.

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I cannot reactivate my old account and SIM? I am basically a new customer again?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@troyfy Yes you can port your number back.. but after you buy a new SIM card and activate a new plan (recommended method)
Need Help? Let's chat.