cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain $40/4GB Plan

hocuspocus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been advised at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help (the "public website") to register on this "online community" to obtain support customer for matters relating to my Public Mobile account and to tag this message with @CS_Agent to get a response from a Public Mobile representative.  I received a text message today at 2:15PM Pacific Time from "5133" stating that they are representing Public Mobile and are advising me that my rate plan will increase by $10 per 30 days.

public-koodo.PNG

1. Please confirm in writing by a Public Mobile representative that this message is from Public Mobile.

2. If so, I would like to advise Public Mobile in writing that I would like to remain on the "$40/4GB plan" which has been advertised by a Public Mobile representative on October 25, 2016 on this official Public Mobile community forum - https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time... .  Specifically, this public statement contradicts what was texted to me:

public-statement-of-service.PNG

This plan's incentive allows me the flexibility to consume 12GB over 3 months.  I made a decision not to persue the $50/10GB plan offered by the Rogers/Telus/Bell in December based on this flexibility and was led to believe that there will be no changes made to this plan as long as I am an active customer, which I currently am.

I would be happy to communicate with you in private for resolution of this matter.  I expect a timely response to this inquiry.  Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

el56
@Manawrote:

Nothing is guaranteed. 

Yup. Just gotta take it three months at a time. 🙂

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Nothing is guaranteed. 

Just keep your eyes open for any promos anywhere that suits your needs. 

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@el56wrote:

I appreciate the rollback but am not sufficiently satisfied. The phrase "While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today" simply indicates a deferral of, not a retreat from, what Telus intends to do.

To that end I submitted my dissatisfaction to the reply in a CCTS complaint, asking as a remedy for a public commitment to uphold that "as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120".

Good idea, I will be doing the same.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i was very surprised what was happening here about the price increase. however i hope pm

should keep its word and let customers can count on them. good reputation business name will last longer business. do not try to mess up your customer thank you  

el56

I appreciate the rollback but am not sufficiently satisfied. The phrase "While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today" simply indicates a deferral of, not a retreat from, what Telus intends to do.

To that end I submitted my dissatisfaction to the reply in a CCTS complaint, asking as a remedy for a public commitment to uphold that "as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120".

hocuspocus

@torontokris I suspect just as well, but these are 'what if' scenarios on strategic direction that *may* becime material.  I will take them as they come and today, I am happy that the price hike has been reverted and I am sure most are (except the unfortunate customers that were *forced* to take the Koodo offer due to their current situation at the time)

I hope Public Mobile takes all the feedback to heart, especially that there is demand in the market for a plan structure at this price point.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Be aware the wording was all good things come to and end but "not today". So who knows when that will end maybe tomorrow. Maybe after the Koodo offer expires. Maybe after they speak to crtc maybe after they speak to their lawyers and get the okay this is legal. Who knows. 

@hocuspocuswrote:

@CS_Agent messaged me privately to let me know the decision to increase the rate by $10 per month has been reversed.  I consider this now resolved to my satisfaction.  Thank you!

I wouldn't Count the Chickens yet.

They may yet Come home to Roost

hocuspocus

@CS_Agent messaged me privately to let me know the decision to increase the rate by $10 per month has been reversed.  I consider this now resolved to my satisfaction.  Thank you!

hocuspocus

I incorrectly stated the December offer by your competitors as priced at " $50/10GB plan" which should be $60/10GB.  I did not pursue this offer in December and decided to stay with Public Mobile because:

1. The guarantee in writing from Public Mobile that the price of my plan will remain at $120 for an active customer.  No surprises.
  2. The Public Mobile $40/4GB plan offers 12GB over 3 months, which gives me the flexibility to consume more than 4GB to "burst" my usage, and to scale my mobile data consumption requirements without financial penalty, if necessary.
  3. The competitor pricing is 50% increase at $60 per month for 10GB data which I do not necessarily need TODAY.
  4. Referral and loyalty incentives.  A small kickback for me, but something to reduce the bottom line cost nonetheless.

To resolve this issue, Public Mobile must honour the expectation set when the $40/4GB plan details were advertised on the "public website" and on this "online community".  The Koodoo offer falls short because of the same reasons outlined above (minus item 3).  The current 6+6 Public Mobile plan at $135 base price over 3 months are at 3G speeds.  Apps and phone hardware continue to evolve to require greater bandwidth requirements and so it does not make sense to go with a plan that would reduce the level of service to match 3G speeds.

kamui2k2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a feeling Telus is now trying to figure out legal loopholes to screw us out of that snippet of advertising. I'm going to send my own complaint to the CRTC (https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/) tomorrow to give Telus/PM a day to respond back to all the separate forum posts just because I need to check off the "attempt to resolve your complaint with your telephone company" box.

familyzdeals

Thank you for your post. I used a similar one to make the same request. 

Vanterax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you really that naive, Luddite?  Have you not been paying attention today?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hang in there. Don't expect a quick response.

Seems unlikley to me PM has embarqued on an illegal offer. Good luck though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.