cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove plan?

Nicolecurrie21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a way to remove your current plan from your account? 

Im running into the “you don’t have a long distance plan” while calling local calls. A MOD fixed this for me a couple months ago when I added this plan and it did the same thing. They said they “changed my plan to a lower one and then changed it back to the $25 plan”. It worked. 

I tried the lost/stolen trick and that didn’t work unfortunately 👎🏻 

So wondering if I can mess around a bit but not too much while I wait for a MOD to respond. 

Thanks guys! 

20 REPLIES 20

Thats really good news ,at least you didn't break anything ha ha

Greg1275

Awesome! Glad to hear you are satisfied. Hope you have an amazing day! 

Nicolecurrie21

Mods gave me a $8 credit and added 200 minutes for me so I can use my phone until they resolve the issue! 

I have absolutely no problem waiting. If the customer service wasn’t excellent that might be a different story lol. 

I havent heard back yet if its fixed or not but I’m sure I won’t go through 200 minutes before they do 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

I don’t want to change my plan just because. That wasn’t what I meant. 

This issue happened a couple months ago and a mod changed the plan to a lower one and added the original plan again and it fixed the issue. 

My apologies for not using the correct terms. Im well aware my phone is a prepaid service. I know what vouchers are. We have different names for things where I’m from apparently. 

This is actually an early renewal trick that people on more expensive plans can do. Change down to the $10 plan. Change back to the plan they want. They would lose a promo plan of course. The other trick is to change to "the same" plan in the BYO and then change at next renewal for your original plan. But it all costs money to do immediate plan changes. If the mods can do the same thing without costing you extra then all the better. You just have to wait for them. Some people don't like to wait.

Greg1275

Ok awesome good to hear. So everything is working fine for you now, correct? 🙂

Nicolecurrie21

I don’t want to change my plan just because. That wasn’t what I meant. 

This issue happened a couple months ago and a mod changed the plan to a lower one and added the original plan again and it fixed the issue. 

My apologies for not using the correct terms. Im well aware my phone is a prepaid service. I know what vouchers are. We have different names for things where I’m from apparently. 

Greg1275

Yes sorry. I meant to say pre-paid service. Thank you! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg1275 wrote:

Correct. This is pay as you go. Once a plan is purchased there is no refunds. If you want to “remove” a plan you just have to wait till it expires or if you want to select a different plan after you already purchased one you will have to pay. Sorry about that.

The term "pay as you go" means something else in the cell business. This is more of a pre-pay service.

Greg1275

Correct. This is pay as you go. Once a plan is purchased there is no refunds. If you want to “remove” a plan you just have to wait till it expires or if you want to select a different plan after you already purchased one you will have to pay. Sorry about that.

Nicolecurrie21

Mods are looking into it. For now they credited me with a 200 minute bundle so I can use my phone while they try and fix it. 

Second to none customer service, as always. We may wait a bit longer but I’ve never been treated this well with any other company. 

I dont know of anyone has had this issue with any of the other plans or not. Next time I’ll try the next plan up as this happened both times I added this plan 👎🏻

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nicolecurrie21 , the immediate plan change you talked about is the only way customers can "remove" a current plan. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have the $25/1gb plan with CA wide calling? Either way just use an app like hangout dialer for now make sure you verify your number on it so it shows your number when you call in settings.

Nicolecurrie21

While I get that process worked for you. I don’t think it should be necessary for that to have my plan working. 

The mods have fixed it before I just thought I’d see if anyone else ran into the same issue and figured out a solution. 

Nicolecurrie21

That doesn’t work.  The calls are local.

Greg1275

Same thing happened to me last time I added money from my card. What you have to do is just add the same amount of money into the account and repurchase the plan. You should notice that they charged you double for the 1 month plan. No worries though within the hour the automated system should credit your account back with the first amount you paid.  Example: I added $40 from a credit card to my account and purchase the plan with calling texting and 4.5gb data. Right away after I added the plan my phone stopped working, kept saying the plan was expired, I eventually ended up adding the same amount for a second time and repurchased the same plan again, so basically I paid $80 for that $40 plan. Within the hour though I checked back and my account was reimbursed with a $40 credit.

emad

I don't think removing or changing the plan will solve this issue “you don’t have a long distance plan”, just add 1 in front of your calling number.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

Im running into the “you don’t have a long distance plan” while calling local calls. A MOD fixed this for me a couple months ago when I added this plan and it did the same thing. They said they “changed my plan to a lower one and then changed it back to the $25 plan”. It worked. 

So wondering if I can mess around a bit but not too much while I wait for a MOD to respond. 

Thanks guys! 

@Nicolecurrie21  The only way to remove your current plan is to do a plan switch. If your renewal date is in a couple of days then it migjt be worthwhile to switch your current $25 plan to lets say the $35 plan.That should force an account reset and more than likely fix your problem. If you recently renewed your plan then you should wait for the moderators to fix it.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nicolecurrie21 There is no way to change your current for what you have paid for. It must be frustrated when same problem happened again. You better wait for the moderator to reset your phone. If you change to another plan right now, you lose all the unused minutes or data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicolecurrie21 wrote:

Thanks guys! 

The other trick is to add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

No you can't remove a plan. You can only change it either immediately or at your next renewal.

Is the calling for any number? Or just one? Or a particular area code or exchange/prefix?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi not sure what you mean by mess around but don’t try to change plans or you will be charged for a new one I imagine you tried adding a 1 in front of your number?

Need Help? Let's chat.