cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Blessedwon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just purchased the $25 plan for my son from walmart. I prepaid the year upfront for $300.  I would like to know how to get a refund. Pls assist.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

We may never know. Buddy marked a post as the solution and we haven't heard from him since.

It would be nice to hear what if anything the mods do for him.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm also curious why so much paid up front? is there even any benefit for walmart itself to pay that much up front? 

No idea why someone would prepay for a year unless not wanting to have a credit card registered and not wanting to have to worry about top ups every 30 days. Thus there would be no discounts. But even more difficult to figure out why if this was just set up the OP is already trying to get it refunded.

AE_Collector

@will13am  yeah makes sense was just befuddled to here he prepared for a year wondered what the drive was behind that. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@will13am  right but I was wondering if walmart gave him a tablet or something. Discount on a phone or tablet, not the actual plan. 

What skin does Walmart have in the game when a customer tops up for a year of service?  I believe there is a commission paid for the activation and that is it.  It is not easy to develop a loyalty commission for a prepaid service that has no contract.  Would you give me a tablet if I put $300 into my account?

@will13am  right but I was wondering if walmart gave him a tablet or something. Discount on a phone or tablet, not the actual plan. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@Blessedwon did they offer a better deal to pay for a year up front? Or did you get something for free to do it that way? 

just curious. 

cheers

$25 x 12 = $300.  Looks like no discount was given.  You know that there are no discounts for prepaying for additional service.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Blessedwon did they offer a better deal to pay for a year up front? Or did you get something for free to do it that way? 

just curious. 

cheers

@Blessedwon  Public Mobile is a prepaid service. There usually aren't any refunds. Everything is done online here. Contact the moderators (Customer service here) and explain your situation. Since you have no self service account, use this private message link to contact them directly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Blessedwon Click on ? on bottom right to start a chat with bot Simon and follow directions to contact moderators and create a ticket. They may help you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Blessedwon have you set up your self service account? If not, do so now https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/. Why do you want a refund?  Isn't the phone working properly? Thanks.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Blessedwon wrote:

Hi, I just purchased the $25 plan for my son from walmart. I prepaid the year upfront for $300.  I would like to know how to get a refund. Pls assist.

You will have to contact a moderator about this refund you are wanting. 

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Need Help? Let's chat.